So - my next small project - I cannot keep with just one ... errrr.

After having a small but nice talk with @SGHawkins09 and being sent home by the doc to cure a sickness I recently picked up, I had to decide what to do next.

As all those wonderful and enthusiatic responses to my previous projects (I mean it - I never had so much response in such a short time) made it near to impossible to just sign off from the forums and disappear into the wilderness, I agreed to take on a different plan.

I just grabbed into my miniature box and took some figures to paint them and get them done. And then it struck me: I am at the Reaper Forums yet I missed to paint a Reaper miniature.

So I picked out ... errr - let me see ... Troll Slayer Sophie! Yay! - hey! Hooooraaay! Who the heck is Troll Slayer Sophie and when did I buy her?

It seems I already started to paint her, but then decided otherwise, stripped *chuckles* her and put her away. Hm. Good point to start her all over again.

jykm-2gg-8aa2.jpg

jykm-2gh-cfcd.jpg

As I chose her to be the figure I wanted to paint next I had to think about the color scheme I wanted to use.

Well. I had no idea. I never really cared about fantasy style, so it never meant anything to me. The things I know about are modern or sci fi. I played a lot of Warhammer40k back in the days. I even wrote fanfiction stories which included the Imperial Guard and the Sisters of Battle ...

... Sisters of Battle ...

jykm-2gk-61e3.jpg

hm. that could make a great colour scheme. Works well with the flesh tones and still contrasts it. And as Sophie is a demon, the demon/witch hunter theme fits her rather perfectly.

I'll take it!

Well then - primed her and started painting.

jykm-2gi-0d01.jpg

jykm-2gj-f7ce.jpg

But I am not sure - do I want to give her skin the grim dark appearance of an Adepta or a more Succubi-like appearance like ... this one:

Succubus

Suggestions?

• Like 16

I agree with Glitterwolf, the purple skin tone of the succubus is lovely and it's the perfect opportunity to play and experiment with colors. I am looking forward to you painting her up, she is one of my favorite versions of Sophie.

• Like 4

I like the skin tone of the battle sister. I think light skin makes a nice contrast but that's just me. Curious about what you will come up with! 

• Like 3

Huh.  I didn't know there was a pewter version of this.  I look forward to the black-and-red scheme.  So is she going to keep the sword, or are you going to go further along the 40K-ish route and give her some sort of gun or chain-weapon?

(I've got a plastic trollslayer Sophie, and haven't known what to do with it, as most of my focus has been either steampunk-fantasy (Iron Kingdoms), retro-post-apocalyptic (Fallout), or generic sci-fi/cyberpunk, but now I'm starting to get ideas.  Not likely going to DO anything with them, though, because I've got such a backlog of OTHER things to do first, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have IDEAS.  :)  )

I look forward to seeing where you go with this!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Succubus!!!

I may be biased...but I love that purplish skintone..

Okay. Noted.

40 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

I agree with Glitterwolf, the purple skin tone of the succubus is lovely and it's the perfect opportunity to play and experiment with colors. I am looking forward to you painting her up, she is one of my favorite versions of Sophie.

Noted. We will see. My skills deteriorated pretty much. I just learned that when trying something different - but I will give it a try.

28 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

I like the skin tone of the battle sister. I think light skin makes a nice contrast but that's just me. Curious about what you will come up with! 

Okay. 2/1

21 minutes ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Huh.  I didn't know there was a pewter version of this.  I look forward to the black-and-red scheme.  So is she going to keep the sword, or are you going to go further along the 40K-ish route and give her some sort of gun or chain-weapon?

(I've got a plastic trollslayer Sophie, and haven't known what to do with it, as most of my focus has been either steampunk-fantasy (Iron Kingdoms), retro-post-apocalyptic (Fallout), or generic sci-fi/cyberpunk, but now I'm starting to get ideas.  Not likely going to DO anything with them, though, because I've got such a backlog of OTHER things to do first, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have IDEAS.  :)  )

I look forward to seeing where you go with this!

I actually THOUGHT about making her a 40k version and I looked for a Raging heroes weapon I somewhere had. Couldn't find it, though. So I think I will stick with the sword. I mean - a 40k Succubus Sister of Battle - imagine that. Heresy!

• Like 2

And a little update ...

Our Sophie made a bit of progress.

Did the first few layers of skin and painted the eyes. I tried to remember how I did demon eyes which I did on another figure and it looked pretty decent - I don't know ... this time it doesn't fully convince me. Maybe I have to adjust on the glowing. Hm.

Anyway: Here is what I'm currently been working on:

jykm-2gl-da77.jpg

jykm-2gm-3f51.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

Oyasumi und gute Nacht!

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

I too vote succubus...but I'm biased as a huge fan of succubi so...

Noted.

So we go for the Succubi skin tone.

Well then ... challenge accepted. Looking forward to messing this one up :-D

• Like 3

Since I can't paid t this weekend I have high expectations for everyone to update lots so I can see lots of newly painted minis ^_^ no pressure ::P:

• Like 1

On 12.8.2017 at 9:15 PM, Humansquish said:

Wait....they make this one in metal?

I look forward to how you do the skin.

Me too :-D

On 12.8.2017 at 9:51 PM, Glamberry said:

Since I can't paid t this weekend I have high expectations for everyone to update lots so I can see lots of newly painted minis ^_^ no pressure ::P:

I am so sorry I couldn't live up to your expectations, but I had some stuff to do over the weekend and it was near to impossible for me to continue. I will, I promise. Maybe we could match our timetables so I will continue on another weekend when you can't paint? ^_^

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea :D this weekend I will paint a bit. But next I'm again pretty busy , so some updates would be very appreciated (I need my painting fix).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glamberry said:

Sounds like a good idea :D this weekend I will paint a bit. But next I'm again pretty busy , so some updates would be very appreciated (I need my painting fix).

Okay,

I will try to mark it, but I won't promise anything.