Mutilatedlips

Legendary Dragon Slayer Dwarf - Alternative Armies

The face is a MARVEL in miniature...the rest is its equal. WONDERFUL colors once more...the blue is stunning.  VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

Oh wow those highlights are gorgeous! No wonder what you want to keep him, I bet he pops off the table.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cygnwulf
      So my favorite inlaw and I were talking  Saturday morning, and she mentioned to me that she really wants me to paint her a dragon.  One thing lead to another and before you knew it, she was picking Blighfang out of the bones catalog.

She then asked if it would be possible to base the colors on a favorite tea set, to which I really agreed because it's a little unusual

I made a quick mock up that got the approval

It didn't take me long to get to the store and pick up a dragon.w
      Last night I sat down and did the assembly.  There were a few gaps but nothing major. 
      Today I had about an hour to play with it, so I spent it using some Stynlrez to prime and sketch in my colors.

Still really rough, and not really the blue-black I want to end up with, this is mostly a color sketch done really fast work the airbrush so I have something to start with. Pretty much everything from here will be brush work.  I'm a little on the fence about the yellow in the membranes, though I really like it on the belly. 

• By TaleSpinner
      So, here I am again, starting another WIP; I'm hoping I actually finish this one. 

Anyway, I have a need in some upcoming games for a colossal red dragon as a lieutenant to the BBEG.  I'm expecting this to be a reoccurring character, so I want a decent paint job on it. That said, I am not aiming for much more that table-top quality here, and will be using every speed painting technique in my toolbox to crank this one out, hopefully before the next game in mid November.

I am also going to use it to christen my new Patriot airbrush and airbrush booth.  Last night, I primed the whole model in Brown Liner.  It took about 3/4 of a bottle, and I didn't have too much over spray.  This is a big model.

As I have said in the past, I like trying something new with every project; this one it is the use of an air brush.  I want to use this model to develop control and precision both with my Patriot and Sotar brushes.  Prior to this, I really haven't attempted much more than priming with an airbrush.

Here's a picture of him in my spray booth.

Have a great day!

Andy
    • By Neatpete
      The new Kickstarter got me motivated to dig up some old bones. I realized after all these years I have never painted a dragon, so I got after it. Rather happy with how this came out.

• By Lidless Eye
      Fresh off the painting table come the Dwarf Adventurers II from Stonehaven Miniatures.  Their first Kickstarter, another set of Dwarfs, was the second Kickstarter I ever backed!

First, a group of the "traditional" Dwarfs, if any of them can be called as such.

One of my favorites of the set, a Dwarf Barber:

Here are the Dwarfs I thought would work better as Duergar.

My Duergar take some inspiration from World of Warcraft's Dark Iron Dwarfs, not just having white hair.  Gives them a bit of variety.

Dead Tom:

And preparing for Eberron, the Dwarforged:

• By Corporea
      I wasn't sure if I should post this in Show off or WIP, but I figured here and if you would please forgive the in progress parts in the subsequent post.

Ron let me paint this lovely sculpt by Gene Van Horne.  Actually, I think I might have begged to paint it and considered stealing it from his office if he refused.   She'll be in the Greek Odyssey Expansion for Bones V.  If by some miracle you have come to this forum and not heard of Bones V, it can be found here.  Aaron Lovejoy was awesome and took some high definition photos of her after last Reapercon.  

I really love this sculpt, can't say that enough.  She's got some fantastic detail, lots of good open space to work on blending or freehand, even a scenic base to play with stone effects.  While I loved the original Yephima by Patrick Keith, and still use her in my classes, this one really screams warrior to me.  I need to paint my bones version when I get it as Athena. I'll have to add a shield somewhere, though. Maybe convert the club to a spear.  Decisions decisions.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions.  I'm happy to explain or help with anything!  I'm going to post the WIP pictures I have in another post, so hopefully those will also be useful.  Enjoy!
  • Who's Online   52 Members, 2 Anonymous, 140 Guests (See full list)