Grand Mystic - Iron Wind Metals

Mutilatedlips

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a handsome pair. They work WONDERFULLY together principally due to your SUPERB work with brush & palette. The GLORIOUS  gold looks SO GOOD with the vibrant blue. You have provide me in todays posts with a weeks worth of inspiration. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

On 8/13/2017 at 0:24 PM, 72moonglum said:

Those are both really nicely done, and I really like the blue. I'd never seen a painted one before. That is actually from a Ral Partha line of figures, originally for the Crucible game. 

I took a pic of the box because the artwork looked so dated to me, but in an old school good way. i can post when i get home. Maybe iron wind metals got the mold or something. i don't really keep up with the history of these things, but find it interesting. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 1:36 PM, 72moonglum said:

Iron Wind is actually the post-Ral Partha company, after Ral Partha ended up closing down.  Can't wait to see the box art!

599929640d35d_IronWindMetalsGrandMystic.thumb.JPG.065588b0cc6644ea17efa48f56c9f523.JPG

I think the mini is from around the early 2000's but the box art looks 70's -ish to me. 

Edited by Mutilatedlips
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello to all you Reaperthalians!

Here's another figure I just got done with, Shara Darksteel, a Ral Partha/Iron Wind Metals figure.    I really like her skull mask, and tried to give her some darker slightly Gothy colors, without making her just black, and her robe ended up looking more or less like a monk's robe.

my settings that I use seem to tamp down the color of these figures, her hair is much more vibrant and the features on her bolts are a lot more red.

I used bright skin as her base color, which was a color I hadn't used in quite a while so that was nice to do something different.  

I wish I knew who the sculptor was for this miniature, but not quite sure. Might have to hunt her down in the Lost Mini Wiki.

So anyhoos, more to come as long as breath flows from my body and my hands don't shake!

Hope everybody had a nice Turkey Day!

• By 72moonglum
      Good afternoon my Reapergogglians!

So just finished up Ann Penchyk, a Shadowrun character apparently (don't know too much about Shadowrun still, after months and months of painting different Shadowrun figures.

I really dig this little blister pack, where we have Ann dressed in her corporate 9-5 job, and then the another version of her, the "adventurer" version of her.  So with that in mind, I at least tried to keep her skin tones, hair color, et cetera the same so it looks like she just might be the same gal in different attire.

9-5 Ann:

and how she spends her time Shadowrunning on the weekend:

and here they are together, side by side:

This is the first Shadowrun orc I've painted and from what I could tell with all the other artwork I've found on line, Shadowrun orcs can be any normal person's skin color, so even though I thought it was a bit strange, I painted her starting out with Tanned Highlights and worked up and down from there instead of doing some type of green base.

So ta-ta for now, hope you enjoy!

• By Krassling
      I am Working on my Adventuring kids. I liked the idea of having these Minis for my Kids.
      Currently it is the thief. Well, my Girls dont like thieves so much, so it will be more something else. We will see.

I startet with some green. Looked a little scary. 

• By KruleBear
      Bad photos, bad Bones cast, and tabletop paint job of Balto Burrowell the Gnome Wizard. Painted this one up as my sons kid character in hero kids. Fuego is a young kid who can cast some fire spells and has survived three adventures and he was on his own in the last one. 

I am really beginning to loath these older human sized minis, but this is the closest I had to a human child for his character. Fairly simple base coat, washes, and highlights. I was having a lot of problems with my skin tone paints being too thin (even after several minutes on the vortex mixer). I guess that is the pit fall of no painting for months outside of terrain.