GW to re-release Necromunda!

Chaoswolf

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could MAYBE get interested in this. It vanished around the time I FIRST got curious, and it has all the fun of WH40K without necessarily requiring taking out a mortgage for all the dratted figures.

• Like 2

Ooo.  Minis look nice, but what I want to know is what they'll do with the terrain.  I loved the old plastic bulkheads.  The cardboard sections didn't age so well, though (what with the cartoony colors, or the inevitable wear), but there are ways to get by and still make use of the original bulkheads for vertical supports and representation of ladders to get from level to level.  (I.e., simply paint over overly-abused old cardboard floor pieces, or make new floor pieces made of "corrugated" plastic from yard signs, with "paneling" made of pieces of cardstock, and drops of Super Glue Gel standing in for rivets, with occasional patches of cross-stitch plastic grid and random bits for "greebles," etc.  It's similar to what I did to refurbish my old, horribly abused Mordheim buildings.)

• Like 3

Tempting, very tempting. I didn't play Necromunda way back when which is surprising as I was totally into everything GW in the 90s. Mordheim was probably the game we played the most. I'm not sure I'll like the gameplay as much any more. I find the basic combat resolution slow now and with knockdowns and such it's even slower. Still tempted to try it out again.

• Like 2

My soul cheered when I read this, as my wallet wept in a dark corner, fearing the abuse to come...  

Assuming the terrain is decent and not going to financially cripple me, I'm going to be all over this...  

• Like 3

Megan has accused me of... salivating.

What can I say, there's no drool like an auld drool....

Really hoping they incorporate something like the Ash Wastes - I was looking at Megan's Inquisitor Mobile, while going 'Vrooom! Vroom!'...

The Auld Grump - first GW game I have been excited about in decades!

• Like 6

On 08/14/2017 at 5:00 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan has accused me of... salivating.

What can I say, there's no drool like an auld drool....

Really hoping they incorporate something like the Ash Wastes - I was looking at Megan's Inquisitor Mobile, while going 'Vrooom! Vroom!'...

The Auld Grump - first GW game I have been excited about in decades!

He's been trying to drag me into this for years.

Plastic Escher looks good, but I want something a bit Gothier. Boy gangers and girl gangers in tight leather and torn fishnets. Zippers, studs, and mascara for EVERYONE!

A gang that quietly whispers... POSEURS!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

He's been trying to drag me into this for years.

Plastic Escher looks good, but I want something a bit Gothier. Boy gangers and girl gangers in tight leather and torn fishnets. Zippers, studs, and mascara for EVERYONE!

A gang that quietly whispers... POSEURS!

Have you seen the miniatures from Slow Death Games' "Wild in the Streets"?

They have an entire Goth gang.

• Like 3