Colorful Hobgoblins (77476 / 77477)

Jessie

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can offer a suggestion for the armor - if you're looking for that "lacquered" look of Japanese laminate armor styles, consider either hitting them with a gloss varnish on the armor alone or, if you want a deep, vibrant affect you could use one of the Tamiya Clear paints to give a little additional depth to the color.  I'll try and remember to grab a figure I did this way years ago to show you once I get back home from work.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Laoke said:

If I can offer a suggestion for the armor - if you're looking for that "lacquered" look of Japanese laminate armor styles, consider either hitting them with a gloss varnish on the armor alone or, if you want a deep, vibrant affect you could use one of the Tamiya Clear paints to give a little additional depth to the color.  I'll try and remember to grab a figure I did this way years ago to show you once I get back home from work.

Thanks maybe that's why the green doesn't look like I thought. Saw you talking about those Tamiya clear paints and something I need to look into.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jessie said:

Thanks maybe that's why the green doesn't look like I thought. Saw you talking about those Tamiya clear paints and something I need to look into.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a shot of that figure last night and I'm now enroute to the skifields of the Frozen South for a couple of weeks >.< Sorry!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 1:20 PM, Laoke said:

Unfortunately I forgot to take a shot of that figure last night and I'm now enroute to the skifields of the Frozen South for a couple of weeks >.< Sorry!

Try to stay warm! I'm sure I can find something on it, thanks for the suggestion ::D:

• Like 1