T'hain Esh Kelch

89001: Pathfinder Red Dragon

Great job!  You can tell you used this as a labor of love with the many layers of color painted on each scale individually.

• Like 1

Very nicely done.  One of these days mine will get painted too. I agree that he is one of the nicest dragon sculpts around. 

Check out our forum contest for large models. 

• Like 1

Aah, the satisfaction of removing a piece from your 'semi-painted shelf of shame' (this is the worst shelf there is.. Oh the accusing, damning looks those "semi-finished"s give you.. Shudders) ..

... And the result is thus... You have reason to celebrate Sir!

• Like 2

Thank you for all the kind comments! (No critique so far...)

17 hours ago, Clearman said:

Nice.  I like the addition of the eggs in the back.

If you look carefully, there's a snake in there, coveting the eggs. You can just make out the eyes in the picture! :D

16 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great job!  You can tell you used this as a labor of love with the many layers of color painted on each scale individually.

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job, awesome work on those scales!

The scales were a major undertaking, with 4 layers on top of the base, and by far the most dearing task of it all. I focused by taking each part in turn, to keep focused (I never glue a model together before painting). But all that work also means it will be some time before I paint something scaled again... :P And I will likely try out two brush blending next time, as to see if I can improve on myself.

11 hours ago, seej said:

Really nicely done. I love the scale highlights and the wings.

The wings were the last thing I did. I was really in doubt as to what color I should pick for the interfemoral membrane, so it took some time and some googling for inspiration. Same goes for the belly armor - I thought about doing it in the same colors as the wing membranes, but in the end settles for what you see here, simply because I thought it looked good enough on the finished model. ;)

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

Very nicely done.  One of these days mine will get painted too. I agree that he is one of the nicest dragon sculpts around. 

Check out our forum contest for large models. 

Thank you, I will be sure to add it to the contest!

33 minutes ago, VolksFest said:

Aah, the satisfaction of removing a piece from your 'semi-painted shelf of shame' (this is the worst shelf there is.. Oh the accusing, damning looks those "semi-finished"s give you.. Shudders) ..

... And the result is thus... You have reason to celebrate Sir!

Heh, yeah, looking at it thinking "Oh, I will just pick this up and paint 200 scales more!" was quite a wall to overcome! :D And now I will go back to my semi-painted shelf, because things have hobbled up in the mean time, and I have promised myself to paint some of those before I start on some new Bones..

• Like 4

The scales and wings turned out amazing.  Looks like time well wasted. lol.  My copy must of come from latter in the mold cause he was a little butter face.  lol.  Still good enough for table top though.  My only wish about the model is that I wish it was bigger.  

Edited by Logos
  • Like 1