Welcome to our community! 

Your work is stunning, especially for being only your second mini!  Your brush control is excellent and your use of highlighting and shadows looks great!  Well done! 

• Like 2

Good lord that's only the second you've ever painted?! Sheesh it's awesome - seriously.

A drybrush might be nice, and if you have it, I would say the Ghost White reaper colour - it's a beautiful blue/white great for ice and ethereal stuffs imo

Another thing I might suggest, if you have it, as well of course, is a light blue wash on the white cloth. You don't have to! but I think it might look nice too.

Anyway awesome job!

• Like 2

WELCOME ABOARD! Have a FUN filled stay.

You are a natural. You have a deft hand with the brush & an eye for color. Disregarding how very few minis you have done, OUTSTANDING WORK!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guildenstern said:

Good lord that's only the second you've ever painted?! Sheesh it's awesome - seriously.

A drybrush might be nice, and if you have it, I would say the Ghost White reaper colour - it's a beautiful blue/white great for ice and ethereal stuffs imo

Another thing I might suggest, if you have it, as well of course, is a light blue wash on the white cloth. You don't have to! but I think it might look nice too.

Anyway awesome job!

Thanks!! Yeah I'm definitely going to hit it with another round of drybrushing on the bumps of his back. I'll check out that color, I was just use titanium white cuz it's all I had on me. I washed the whole thing with nuln oil because that's the only wash I had/have at the time. But I'll look into getting some other washes as well. Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Further efforts to produce a dozen dragons this year brought me out to the desert sands where even dragons new to worry about being spotted if they want a decent meal.  To this end desert dragons are campflaged to look like the ground from above and the sky from below.

Hope you enjoy him 

• By I'mHere
      Here is my take on the Dance of Death sculpt from the Bones 4 Kickstarter.

I really enjoyed this one,  finishing it up this last winter. I saw someone mention somewhere online that they were bummed that the heads didn't exactly line up, but I found it reminiscent of dogs when they are snarling while looking sidelong at each other.

Apologies for the scratches and discolorations on the background. I've been meaning to pick up some black cloth to improve that.

Thanks for taking a look!
    • By Javedian
      I have done about 15 minis over the past year (starting with the Learn to Paint kit), after taking a 30+ year break from painting lead with Testors enamel. Each one I try to learn or improve one technique. This one I focused on pose & basing (took a little surgery to get rid of the pudding base and shape all the claws). The 'rock' is a chunk of bark. Any comments, critiques, questions or suggestions are welcome. Between this forum and YouTube, I am amazed on the knowledge and information available, in an overall great community. Getting ready for Bones V delivery!

• By Maledrakh
      Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures still make some great D&D monsters, here are three more:

Wave 1: Displacer Beast

The Displacer Beast is one of the iconic D&D monsters, described as a six legged panther with a pair of enormous tentacles growing out of it's back.  If that is not bad enough, the schtick of this beast is that is displaces.  This is an ability that makes it appear as it is a few feet off from where it actually is, so while the party are slashing at the image in thin air, the beast invisibly outflanks them with it's powerful claws and massive bite attack coming from seemingly out of nowhere.

Where are the mirrors I need to start breaking?
      I rebased it on a 40mm round. This is a Wave 1 mini, released a few years ago. The tentacles needed repositioning using the  hot water/cold water technique.

Wave 11: Grell & Basilisk
      Grell:

Who names these monsters? Grell?  What kind of a name is that? This is obviously the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
      The tentacles did not turn out all that well. The purple was too strong compared to the other colours and dried too fast to blend. Bah!

Check out the big brain on Brett!
      40mm base.

And in the same pack as the Grell, a Basilisk:

This one was significantly smaller than I expected. Please disregard the piece of flock-fluff on it's right side middle. This is a loose particle I did not see was stuck there until after the pictures were taken. I just cannot be bothered with taking new ones.

Nice doggie?
      30mm x 20mm oval base.

Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures
      Wizkids
      I have no idea who sculpted these, as WizKids do not -as far as I know- publish this info.
      PVC
    • By [email protected]
      Started painting during the pandemic but was really intimidated by basing. Finally picked up some supplies and based my first couple models. Really improved the overall quality and aesthetic. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)