Mordheim Outlaw Warband

lionmane

I got the rules for the new Outlaw warband, and I'm gonna give it a try. I've always liked Robin Hood.

I'm using Cardolan Longstrider(Reaper #02565) as my Bandit Leader, Kurff the Swift(Reaper # 02689) as a Champion, Slipshadow(Reaper# 02653) as a Petty Thief, A GW Friar Tuck-looking mini as my Cleric, and some old assorted GW Wood elves as Marksmen. I still need another Champion. I'm considering Derek the Tall (Reaper #02292), since I have one already-if not, I'll use him for a Marksman. I've also considred Fergus the Weaver(Reaper#02500), Dirk Donovan(Reaper#02555), or Ilsa Darkstep(Reaper#02796). I also already have a Maria Roseblade(Reaper#02645). Another idea for more Marksmen is the Elven Archer Army Pack(#06021). I'd just have to sculpt some green stuff over the pointy ears.....and some more hair on the ones with mullets ^_^ . And I just remembered that I have an Alfred Redlute mini(Reaper#02186) that I may work in somewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions on minis to use, and has anyone played this warband yet?

As always, thanks for comments and suggestions. :B):

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was an avid Mordheim player (pre-Warlord playtesting), my group ran Orcs, dwarves and beastmen using Reaper minis. That's when we started noticing the huge price difference between GW and Reaper:Ogres:$15.00, or $5.99? Heroes:$7.50-9.00 or $3.29? Common troops: $1.25(plastic) or $2.00(metal)?

Please post a picture of your outlaws when you finish them. Sounds like you've made some very good choices for the group.

Do you have a link for these new rules? I love Mordheim, and am interested in the Empire in Flames accessory as well. Once Warlord goes published, will likely switch over to those rules, but for now, Warhammer Skirmish rules seem to be the best. (Though I admit I have yet to try the new D&D Miniature Hardcover).

Do you have a link for these new rules? I love Mordheim, and am interested in the Empire in Flames accessory as well. Once Warlord goes published, will likely switch over to those rules, but for now, Warhammer Skirmish rules seem to be the best. (Though I admit I have yet to try the new D&D Miniature Hardcover).

The rules are in the latest issue of Town crier, the Mordheim magazine. I don't think they're online , at least not yet. I'll probably get the Empire In Flames book as well.

As soon as I get the warband put together and painted, I'll try to borrow my friend's digital camera and post some pics, as well as pics of our game board.

Is the Town Cryer a monthly publication? I have yet to play Mordheim or any other mini game, but I am getting close. I have a couple skirmish scenearios in mind, but I need to finish the 24"x24" board to play them on. The use of Reaper minis for GW games is a good idea, great minis at an economical price. I am an avid collector of GW's LOTR line but the price has really kept me away from buying much of the ROTK line. :angry: Please post a pic of your warband when you have it finished.

Decado

Decado, the Town Crier came out every couple of months, I think. It's no longer coming out-now, GW is going to put out one magazine with articles on all their games that aren't WH( Mordheim, Necromunda, Blood Bowl) . I think it's going to be monthly, and it's going to stsrt coming out this Summer sometime...I think I remember the guy at mt FLGS saying it should hit the U.S. in August. The Empire In Flames book should be out before that, I think.

Check your FLGS to see if they have back issues of Town Crier....I didn't pick up every issue, but just the ones with stuff I liked in them. If there's any specific info you can't get ahold of, let me know. My friends and I have quite a few back issues.

As for my Outlaw warband, I've got the leader and the Cleric finished so far. When I'm done, I'll try to post pics.

What's the number for that Town Crier btw? I've been using Reaper minis to represent warbands (Dark Elves and Dwarves so far)and nobody seems the wiser with some careful basing and whatnot. :B):

The issue # for the Outlaw warband is 29, I think. I loaned the issue in question to a friend, so I don't have it here to look at. But I think it's #29.

I have seen back issues of the Town Cryer at my FLGS and will start picking them up. My friend is interested in playing an orc warband. Does anyone have rules for them? I cannot seem to find any infor on the GW sight regarding Mordheim, other then the online catalog. Another question for those of you that play Mordheim (or any minature battle game), what size board do you use? Thanks for the help.

Decado

I have nine square 15"x15" boards that fit together to make a 45"x45" board. Each "board" is built on a frame of 3/4"x3/4" wood and the top is a piece of masonite smooth side up. Currently I have a piece of plastic with a brick pattern on it that is glued to the top of the masonite. I think I will be replacing this with a cardboard print because the paint keeps rubbing off from the games.

The boards peg together so they do not come apart during a game.

The Orcs appeared in a relatively early issue of Town Crier and I'm pretty sure appear in the Best of Town Crier book. They may have also been redone in the Mordheim Chronicles book which came out a couple of years ago.

Is the Mordheim Chronicals still available? I think I saw the Best of the Town Cryer at my FLGS. I just ordered some Mareinburger troops to start my warband. I am also looking at some Reaper minis that will make some nice hired swords. Thanks for the info on your game board. In a typical game do the warbands cover alot of ground? I was thinking of making a 4'x4' board for Mordheim.

Decado

Oops, sorry its the Mordheim Annual (2002). I would imagine its still available. It has the updated lists for the Orcs, Dwarfs, Ostlanders, Averlanders, Dark Elves and Kislevites. These are all updated lists and supercede anything that appeared in the Best of the Town Crier. Its an excellent book.

4x4 has been just fine for the games we play.

To be honest though I'm really hoping that Warlord is going to better than Mordheim. Because, I'm a cynical old gamer now and I have been rapidly paring down the number of rules I'm willing to play with. Mordheim is good but suffers from the classic GW 6-sided bias.

Thanks for the info Heisler. I am going to stick with my plan for a 4'x4' board and hopefully get some plans drawn up over my days off. I have been scanning Mordheim webpages looking for ideas. Today I was thumbing through some old White Dwarf mags and came across TC issues #5 & 6. One of which had the rules for Orc warbands. I am in hopes to pick up more issues of the TC soon.

Decado