Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Ogre Chieftain - 77566 (Ogre Command)

The Big Poobah & his entourage are CHARMING in their own way. He & They are also BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE & IMAGINATIVE array of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

While I was checking out your Wee World, I signed up for FaceBook. I'm not sure why I did or how the thing works, but you inspired me...it's all your fault...not really.

• Like 2

They look awesome all together. I never realised the Ogre Chieftain shield was a dungeon door until I saw your pictures.

Like you said, there isn't much damage on the door cuz he probably just ripped it off the wall to replace his old damaged shield.

The rusted armor is a great idea. Congrats on completing such a nice bunch.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Big Poobah & his entourage are CHARMING in their own way. He & They are also BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE & IMAGINATIVE array of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

While I was checking out your Wee World, I signed up for FaceBook. I'm not sure why I did or how the thing works, but you inspired me...it's all your fault...not really.

Thank you! I think they make quite the interesting dysfunctional family! Welcome to the book of many faces! Ha!

4 hours ago, Glamberry said:

Wow that rust! Have you posted the how to in paint tips and tricks? I would love to see you do a tutorial! Fabulous!

I can do that. I think some of his little ogre friends have armor. It is so easy. Today is game day but I'll see if I can whip up something in the next couple days.

And Thank you!!!

2 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

They look awesome all together. I never realised the Ogre Chieftain shield was a dungeon door until I saw your pictures.

Like you said, there isn't much damage on the door cuz he probably just ripped it off the wall to replace his old damaged shield.

The rusted armor is a great idea. Congrats on completing such a nice bunch.

Haha, yes, the door shield was one of the things that caught my eye and encouraged me to purchase the set during the kickstarter. I was referring to his red and white shield on his back though. I don't imagine anyone wants to get close enough to him to knock on his door! I'm just not sure how he acquired the red and white shield without damaging it. Maybe he charged the knight and the knight dropped it and ran. Not a very brave knight..... ::P: Thank you! I had lots of fun painting these guys!

Thanks everyone!

• Like 3

Brilliant work on the armor, the door, everything really.

But that bright red ... container hanging from his belt, um, yeah, I won't say why its position and color bothers me because we're a family friendly forum, but ... 

O.O

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

Brilliant work on the armor, the door, everything really.

But that bright red ... container hanging from his belt, um, yeah, I won't say why its position and color bothers me because we're a family friendly forum, but ... 

O.O

Haha! Well, I thought about painting it blue! There are several different minis that they put a bag or a jug in this position and it just makes me scratch my head. So yeah, since I didn't want to use my knife to slice it off ::o:, I just painted it. I figured he got it from the same guy who had the shield so red it is. It is also a very round container, like a ball. I refer to it as a container in which he carries his ball. ::D:

Reminds me of a ship in Hong Kong harbor, what a eyesore.

Your "rusting Hulk" is much more appealing, and conducive to saying "Oh So Well Done".

Colors and composition are splendid.

Congrats !!

Jay

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pochi said:

I can do that. I think some of his little ogre friends have armor. It is so easy. Today is game day but I'll see if I can whip up something in the next couple days.

And Thank you!!!

Thank you! I saw someone else asking for tips on weathered armour aswell. I definitely already have a victim to try it out on :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glamberry said:

Thank you! I saw someone else asking for tips on weathered armour aswell. I definitely already have a victim to try it out on :D

I will try and do this tomorrow (my time). I will send the hubby to get batteries for my camera and dig through my Bones 3 for a suitable armored victim!