Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Ogre Chieftain - 77566 (Ogre Command)

Recommended Posts

The Big Poobah & his entourage are CHARMING in their own way. He & They are also BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE & IMAGINATIVE array of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

While I was checking out your Wee World, I signed up for FaceBook. I'm not sure why I did or how the thing works, but you inspired me...it's all your fault...not really.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look awesome all together. I never realised the Ogre Chieftain shield was a dungeon door until I saw your pictures.

Like you said, there isn't much damage on the door cuz he probably just ripped it off the wall to replace his old damaged shield.

The rusted armor is a great idea. Congrats on completing such a nice bunch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Big Poobah & his entourage are CHARMING in their own way. He & They are also BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE & IMAGINATIVE array of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

While I was checking out your Wee World, I signed up for FaceBook. I'm not sure why I did or how the thing works, but you inspired me...it's all your fault...not really.

Thank you! I think they make quite the interesting dysfunctional family! Welcome to the book of many faces! Ha!

 

4 hours ago, Glamberry said:

Wow that rust! Have you posted the how to in paint tips and tricks? I would love to see you do a tutorial! Fabulous!

I can do that. I think some of his little ogre friends have armor. It is so easy. Today is game day but I'll see if I can whip up something in the next couple days.

 

And Thank you!!!

 

2 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

They look awesome all together. I never realised the Ogre Chieftain shield was a dungeon door until I saw your pictures.

Like you said, there isn't much damage on the door cuz he probably just ripped it off the wall to replace his old damaged shield.

The rusted armor is a great idea. Congrats on completing such a nice bunch.

Haha, yes, the door shield was one of the things that caught my eye and encouraged me to purchase the set during the kickstarter. I was referring to his red and white shield on his back though. I don't imagine anyone wants to get close enough to him to knock on his door! I'm just not sure how he acquired the red and white shield without damaging it. Maybe he charged the knight and the knight dropped it and ran. Not a very brave knight..... ::P: Thank you! I had lots of fun painting these guys!

 

Thanks everyone!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant work on the armor, the door, everything really.

 

But that bright red ... container hanging from his belt, um, yeah, I won't say why its position and color bothers me because we're a family friendly forum, but ... 

 

O.O

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

Brilliant work on the armor, the door, everything really.

 

But that bright red ... container hanging from his belt, um, yeah, I won't say why its position and color bothers me because we're a family friendly forum, but ... 

 

O.O

 

Haha! Well, I thought about painting it blue! There are several different minis that they put a bag or a jug in this position and it just makes me scratch my head. So yeah, since I didn't want to use my knife to slice it off ::o:, I just painted it. I figured he got it from the same guy who had the shield so red it is. It is also a very round container, like a ball. I refer to it as a container in which he carries his ball. ::D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of a ship in Hong Kong harbor, what a eyesore.

Your "rusting Hulk" is much more appealing, and conducive to saying "Oh So Well Done".

Colors and composition are splendid.

Congrats !!

Jay

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pochi said:

I can do that. I think some of his little ogre friends have armor. It is so easy. Today is game day but I'll see if I can whip up something in the next couple days.

 

And Thank you!!!

 

Thank you! I saw someone else asking for tips on weathered armour aswell. I definitely already have a victim to try it out on :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glamberry said:

 

Thank you! I saw someone else asking for tips on weathered armour aswell. I definitely already have a victim to try it out on :D

I will try and do this tomorrow (my time). I will send the hubby to get batteries for my camera and dig through my Bones 3 for a suitable armored victim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Maledrakh
      With a meat cleaver, still looking for some elevenses.

      Second breakfast!
       
      77562 Undead Halfling Rogue
      from Bones 3, Undying Lords add on
      Reaper Miniatures 2016
      Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
      Classic Bones
      20mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      From Bones 3: Vegepygmies

      The Children of the Forest. Now, where has that three eyed raven gotten to?
       

      At last, vegetables that fight back! Take that you Vile Weeds!
       
      77513 Vegepygmies
      from the Bones 3 Stoneskull expansion
      Reaper Miniatures 2016
      Sculpted by Kevin Williams
      Classic Bones
      20mm bases
    • By Maledrakh
      From Bones 3: Gug

      "It was a paw, fully two feet and a half across, and equipped with formidable talons. After it came another paw, and after that a great black-furred arm to which both of the paws were attached by short forearms. Then two pink eyes shone, and the head of the awakened gug sentry, large as a barrel, wabbled into view. The eyes jutted two inches from each side, shaded by bony protuberances overgrown with coarse hairs. But the head was chiefly terrible because of the mouth. That mouth had great yellow fangs and ran from the top to the bottom of the head, opening vertically instead of horizontally."
      H.P.Lovecraft, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
       

      Ahoy, my dream enemy! Have at you!
       
      Also, this one will be a part of the Kings of War Nightstalkers army.
       
      77524 Gug, Eldritch Horror
      from the Bones 3 Mythos expansion
      Reaper Miniatures 2016
      Sculpted by Michael Brower
      Classic Bones
      40mm base
       
    • By Maledrakh
      From Bones 3, the Werearmadillo

      Obviously, lycanthropy has spread too far...and this is a reminder that Reaper are from Texas, where armadillos are native and as I understand it, seen as pests. I would really like to know how the sales figures for this model compares to other lycanthropes.
       

       
       
      77498 Werearmadillo
      from the Bones 3 Stoneskull expansion
      Reaper Miniatures 2016
      Sculpted by James Van Schaik
      Classic Bones
      50mm base
    • By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 


  • Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...