Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Got another bunny done for the weekend. Feeling pretty good on getting some animals done.
* Using another photo for inspiration, I was interested in that this bunny photo had a slight 'blueish' tone to the color in the grey. I was interested in trying to match it. Used Denim Blue, Grey, and black to get it. Came out pretty good!
* The white was also one that I needed to be able to highlight up and I didn't want to use another grey. I ended up going with the Ghost White, which had a light blue to it, and I thought went with the grey color I mixed, too.
* The colors blended well and I was able to use the same technique I used on the other butterscotch bunny of doing a feathering of lighter color to bring the hair detail forward.
* Used a nuln oil diluted for the recesses and around the tail. Worked good enough. Wouldn't have minded a little more contrast, but still cute.
* I didn't highlight up the fleshy colors on the nose. I somewhat feel it needs more of a "pop" and think it was a miss that I didn't.
* The white is still on the weaker end and coudl have gone a little darker so I could bring the white hair forward more. Using the zenithal highlight helped, but still wanted more.
These were both super fast and only a handful of colors needed, so both bunnies were solid. Open to any feedback ya got.
Now I gotta base them with something cute and fun...
These are from the Bunny Girls Kickstarter project from a couple of years ago, run by Dark Fable miniatures. They are on 7/8" washers, so would qualify as giant bunnies for most 28mm characters.
Here they are, joined by a trio of flying Peegs, from a recent Bad Squiddo campaign:
And here's the lot of them, at different angles.
Put a little wild life into your games :)
I painted 2 minis for @Jasper_the_2nd for the Spring Exchange.
He mentioned the song Holy Diver if I needed inspiration so I decided to do a mini and cram as much of his "wishlist" in as I could. I was familiar with the song but hadn't heard it for a long time. I watched the video on youtube (what a hoot!) I decided to go with a barbarian based on the video. He has a tiger pelt because tigers are mentioned in the lyrics plus it added some color and visual interest. Jasper also said he liked rabbits. I hid a tiny little bunny on the base. He also said to try something new so I tried out spider webs that I had watched a tutorial on another page.
Jasper has created a character for the mini and I am so pleased he likes him!
Speed painted to send off to a Niece who really like rabbits. Hopefully she likes these!
Doom Bunny from Bombshell Miniatures:
and a Vorpal Bunny. I've had these guys for a very long time. Made of resin. Came in a bag with about a dozen or more in it. Long forgotten who manufactured them:
Sorry for the pics! Finished the wash on the Doom Bunnies Axe and then snapped a few quick pics before packing them up to go in the mail.
Who's Online 8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)