Sign in to follow this  
KruleBear

89018 Sajan, Iconic Monk Painted as Zombie

Finished up Reaper Bones 89018 Sajan, Iconic Monk by Gene Van Horne as my last zombie skin trial. 

IMG_0959.thumb.JPG.344715a0c94a1700787f68140d148825.JPG

He was done up quick to table top level for the purpose of testing skin recipes for my Zombicide standard zombies.  C&C appreciated. 

• Like 21

Really cool! I think some open sores/bloody wounds could add to the zombie look but that depends on how freshly deceased you want them to look. I think you did fabulous! That's a really high tabletop standard! I think the shade would also look great on vampires :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glamberry said:

Really cool! I think some open sores/bloody wounds could add to the zombie look but that depends on how freshly deceased you want them to look. I think you did fabulous! That's a really high tabletop standard! I think the shade would also look great on vampires :D

LOL. That is a good observation as the base coat is vampiric skin. I decided to try it after painting Goldar as a zombie and the mix came out close to vampiric skin. Anything to save time when I get to painting the hordes of zombies for Zombicide. Those will definately get the gore treatment. i didn't do that on the trial subjects as they quickly transition to my 4 year olds toy box. 

Glad you liked it. 

• Like 2

Thanks Glitterwolf. I dug the first set of standard Zombicide zombies out to begin prep....time to put all this experimentation to use. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good work on him; very interesting test piece for a zombie,

Lol. I recently finished up another test piece...the pirate with the chest on his shoulder using the vampiric skin from Sajan mixed 50/50 with Vallejo basic skin tone, then washed with the same black wash as Sajan...the color is getting closer to what I want. It might be perfect if I would have used the armor painter brown tint wash. I need to get him posted (if I get around to painting his eyes).

But I am going to try another skin recipe idea with 50/50 vampiric skin and Vallejo dark skin tone. I like the grey tint that the vampiric skin adds....now which mini to sacrifice to this experiment......

• Like 1

Nice to see the experimentation on the skin tone.  I'm looking forward to seeing Sajan.  With Massive Darkness's arrival I'm fighting the squirrel's to start some of them.  Especially now that my NPS's are almost done (6.5 of the 8 models).  I'm trying a Bluish/gray for my runner's to see if it help separate them visually on the game board.

I meant your pirate.

Edited by Silvervane
Doh! moment
  • Like 1

My 4yo has shown an interest in playing daddy's game, so I bought the Hero Kids RPG and it looks like one of the scenarios has a ghost pirate...so the zombie pirate will become a ghost pirate for that purpose. 

And I will get him wrapped up today for posting. 

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 2