Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I thought I followed this a while ago but I guess not. I'm following now though because all these pieces look great.

 

I've only just started getting into terrain, so seeing the results you're achieving at low cost gives me hope.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rat13 inspired me to actually do some of the bottle cap objectives I've been thinking of doing:  

 

 

40K-Barrels.thumb.jpg.e86e0cbed024619a555a8f0f81ce0193.jpg

I tried to print some numbers on blank transfer paper but only the black seems to be opaque enough and these are pretty dark to read black text on.

 

I think the green barrels to the left will end up in a toxic waste dump.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

 

40K-Barrels.thumb.jpg.e86e0cbed024619a555a8f0f81ce0193.jpg

Really digging the way you did the nozzles/vents on these. 

 

29 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I made ones for Space Wolves out of fire hydrants, beer barrels and doggie bones...

That must be quite a sight.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

I made ones for Space Wolves out of fire hydrants, beer barrels and doggie bones...

Pics will so be needed at some point... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave them to another 40K player when I got out of the game. I may still have some barrels left and will make up another one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look closely at those barricades , you can see bits of yellow where the spray primer didn't stick.  Since these are plastic spacers designed to insulate electric fencing and not expected to be painted maybe that's not surprising.  

 

Since I've had similar problems with other "soft" plastics (like the bendy straws you can see) I'd like some advice for priming stuff not designed to be painted.  Should I try PVA, gesso something else?  Is there nothing for it but to sand?

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On some of the stuff I did for Dr. J's 40K, I did my usual white over black base coat. Then I did a spray coat of Krylon Workable Fixative. I found that the paint adhered better to the fixative than to the plastic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krylons Workable Fixative is meant to be used with watercolors. It seals the painted colors so they won't blend with new colors applied over them.

It also makes a surface that makes new coats cling more readily.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the time I spent watching some soccer this weekend turning some sprues into bricks and then built these.

Debris_1.thumb.jpg.758c26a9ef9ade42600b3df02831b3b5.jpg

The sprue bricks are surprisingly convincing but I'll have to think about how these could be more accommodating for minis.

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...