Apparently I've lost my mind because despite the FLGS closing and the fact I can't really keep up with the flow of books and models that GW throws at you, I've somehow decided to get myself out of my covid hobby funk by making some more industrial terrain.

I ordered some of the Maelstrom's Edge terrain sprues, water guns and, crucially, some soffit vents that I'm going to test as the basis of walkways and platforms.    Oh yeah, and I now have a 3D printer so I may well use that to make some fiddly bits.

So far a couple water guns and one sample of venting showed up.  

water_guns_1.thumb.jpg.5705d1ceac36c501fb14f5392a9641e0.jpg

Really liking the green bit of that top gun.  It even has places to hook up some pipes.

• Like 10
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Against all expectations, I'm getting back into 40K.  This is because, against all expectations, some fine friendly folks are opening a FLGS that's actually local to me.  That is, it's in the small to

Some more industrial ruins pieces     The bits of white where the straws attach to the bottles is the clay that I've stuffed into the ends of the straws, hoping it will help keep

Progress on the bunker and on the ruins.       Didn't like how using a wash to weather the ruins looked so I went with some sponge applied chipping.    Originally I used

Posted Images

OK, since I have two of the tank guns and three with the ring handle, this should be enough...

IMG_20200921_180644683.thumb.jpg.34008e76a45be9004bc9ee5c2c32ddf9.jpg

Once you include this big boy that I think will form the central spine of a hive world vertical slum.

IMG_20200921_181105376.thumb.jpg.90eea630d579a28307d97a254a46f87d.jpg

A quick review of the soffit vents is that the ones with circular holes are a bit flexible, should be easier to cut into different shapes  but might need support.   The black one with slits is basically a ready to use walkway.  The one on the left with circular ends and square holes are really nice but it might lose its rigidity if you had to cut the supports that are under the grill.

• Like 7

Got a different bit of pipe and cut it in half  (irrigation pipe maybe?)  Added zip ties corrugated paper, Maestrom bits, and some plastic shims I found while waiting for a price check.

Terrain_bits24.thumb.jpg.989bb43b2645fea92aa703d3176bb371.jpg

Terrain_bits25.thumb.jpg.3fde8e66410cdc8ff8ee2094b959a7b0.jpg

Also cut off the grip and trigger from a watergun then repaired with another of those shims and a grate from the Maestrom sprue.

Terrain_bits26.thumb.jpg.c4648af2fe2e3b6b28c7878ba715d940.jpg

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 8