Used the off-cuts from making the earlier plaforms to make more ascending/decending platforms in a different style.  Also made a ramp with some fish tank filter thingies to make a ramp gentle enough for minis to stand in.  All supported by those 3d printed blocks.

Terrain_bits33.thumb.jpg.288c240b224f85477299e0ed3c78a5a6.jpgTerrain_bits34.thumb.jpg.0758185478025bd1c2167813e378a491.jpg

Black and white PLA combined with bad lighting isn't really showing these off well.

• Like 7

Finally got to Lowes today,  spent a few minutes trying to describe these tile edging strips to one of their employees.   Turns out I was standing within arms reach of them the whole conversation and stopped short when I said "No they are more like these things here... Actually they are 100% like these."  :lol:

Terrain_bits35.thumb.jpg.2c214902c98e54469f32e1ca0e601d25.jpg

Anyway what do people think of this new style (the white railings)?  Since they don't have the rounded bit at the bottom, they are easier to to cut into bits and fit onto platforms or whatever.  

Also, I'm not sure what a "rebar mesh chair" is for but they are cheap and seem interesting.

Terrain_bits36.thumb.jpg.e87eacd05e8b52a16077712e4e60f850.jpg

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 8

Trying to brainstorm how to turn the cool filament spool that came with my printer into a Necromunda style tower.

Terrain_bits38.thumb.jpg.e60f75fcc040f8e379e7d76e77f80e98.jpg

Sadly, none of the filament I've bought comes on similar spools.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Trying to brainstorm how to turn the cool filament spool that came with my printer into a Necromunda style tower.

Terrain_bits38.thumb.jpg.e60f75fcc040f8e379e7d76e77f80e98.jpg

Sadly, none of the filament I've bought comes on similar spools.

I had seen either a KS or and ad for a set of prints to turn filament spools into buildings somewhere.

Digital Taxidermy was the KS.

And someone has some gaming inserts for spools on Thingiverse.

• Like 6

A raised (using a rebar mesh char)  chemical  tank an the "other half" quanset hut

Terrain_bits39.thumb.jpg.c76a4fa47b31a4f068fcdc7d30404c51.jpg

I've  also "primed" most of what I've built with Polyshades so I might get to painting some today.

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 8

Got some new spray paints from a local HW store.

Some Rustoleum "Chalked" Blue.  Not cheap but one of the few shades I thought would be good for the non-industrial buildings.

Terrain_bits40.thumb.jpg.8a905c74ef30da622665bdf868ead5b3.jpg

Fine textured dark brown 

Terrain_bits41.thumb.jpg.f77c3498f909c071dd205eb65fddf123.jpg

The texture is more obvious in person and I think works really well for a rusty industrial look.  Even with the Polyshades primer and this textured spray just a tad of the 3D printed texture on the pipe bend on top shows through.

• Like 7

On 10/22/2020 at 7:24 PM, lowlylowlycook said:

It would probably have been better for my heart's health if I hadn't noticed that Velveeta boxes would make the perfect start for some containers.

That is something that I never thought I would miss when I immigrated.  Nothing like it over here.

• Like 2

Added a rust wash ala Erick's Hobby Workshop to a bunch of stuff.

Terrain_bits43.thumb.jpg.96dbec1cf25196e2b36c2b31698732ae.jpg

Pay no attention to the over chipped hut in the back.

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

You might want to look at angel hair for the fasteners if the regular is to thick...it's a lot thinner

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SotF said:

You might want to look at angel hair for the fasteners if the regular is to thick...it's a lot thinner

Couldn't convince myself that angel hair would stand up to abuse so went with some wire I found.  Not perfectly strait but not bad, I think.

Terrain_bits45.thumb.jpg.2a889d556f6de41d071ae5a75e384962.jpg

I'm running low on the packing straps I've been using on the reinforcement so the top container was built with some large zip ties I found.  I guess their texture didn't really come through in the photo.

• Like 4