Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Having just started a 45 figure batch paint of guardsmen, I decided a side project may be in order. Just a little something I could fiddle with off and on to disrupt the monotony and I knew just the project.
About a year ago, after I finished my first commissar, I thought it would be a good idea to paint all my commissars differently. That way I could tell all of my HQs or elites apart, but wouldn't you know it after a couple games I realized it was completely unnecessary. Having already started down that path however I decided to press on.
Within about the first week of pondering different color schemes I had a great idea. Unfortunately I lacked the skills and hobby confidence to attempt it. This past year I've managed to learn quite a bit though, especially about sculpting/working with greenstuff. So I think it's time to attempt a Hulk Hogan commissar.
First up was locating a good reference photo for both his moustache and boa (see above).
As the moustache was the trickier of the two I decided to start there. In a twist of fate getting a good texture was the easy part, but getting the proper size wasn't. After some back and forth I finally got the size correct. Then it was just a simple matter of using a pin and a toothpick to achieve a hair like texture.
This is what you get zooming in, but at a regular viewing distance I think it looks good.
Next came the boa. Try as I might I couldn't get a good feathery texture going. I could get a good amorphous blob/coral like texture though. Much like the moustache it'll fail upon close inspection but I think with a good paintjob it'll hold up just fine.
See I told you that moustache is passable with some distance.
Now it's just a matter of letting everything dry before priming. I guess it's a good thing we have holiday commitments for the next couple days.
As with any greenstuff project you always end up with some leftovers. After adding a skull to the Hulkster's base I thought I'd share the wealth with a few random models from my desk.
Not sure if this belongs here or under conversions but since I need help/feedback on the sculpting, I figured here was better.
I am adding puffy sleeves to a figure and I am very much a novice when it comes to sculpting. I have been working on one and while it looks good to me, I need a second opinion. What do you guys think?
Hi everyone, Now that the contest is over, here are more pictures of my converted 77038, Hell Hound. The original sculpt is by Ben Siens. This was my entry in Reaper's Facebook Convert and Paint contest. Khan is my elf riding dog in our D&D campaign. The contest was the perfect pretexte to make this conversion. I first removed all the spikes and flames on the hound's back. I then built the armor and saddle using green stuff and a paperclip. The chest is from Reaper's 02638, adventuring accessories. There were amazing entries in the contest and I managed to get an honorable mention. Thanks to Reaper miniatures and Matthew Clark for organizing this contest.
I started a D&D campaign for my son and some of his friends, and using it as an excuse to acquire and paint some new minis. Here is my son's Tiefling sorcerer (sorceress?)The plan: We don't really like the "combat bikini" on this one, so I am going to attempt to add, well something to it. It won't be great, probably wont even look good, but hey I'm only trying to get better, so please comment, critique, advise, instruct, and what not.
Going with a light purple skin because its for a Tiefling character, and I think purple is an interesting color to paint. Turquoise colored garments as a complimentary color, and some yellow gold metal for some contrast.
And some color after the nip tuck. I went with blue for a base cause I'm guessing it will work better with the purple skin.
We decided to chop the staff and try for a glass orb for the arcane focus. Any recommendations are appreciated.
Finally to end the night with some Green stuff. I started with a "sheet" of it for the Front and Back panels. I'm going to try to add some detail tomorrow after this dries.
Overall I don't think the cloth is laying quite right, or the size is off. Either way I hope I can fix it in the next session.
Halloween always gets my mind going with spooky thoughts...rather like the rest of the year, but more so.
Now I have been making Pumpkinhead/Jack O'Lantern Folk for quite a while...here's an album of them:
Then I stumbled on this illustration on Pinterest, AND I had to try that sunny smile:
I was fairly pleased with the test results:
I did a second one with what I had learned from the first:
...with a closer look:
The second is closer to the size of the Reaper Jack O'Lanterns that I usually use for the Pumpkinheads. The first is a bit larger. I may wind up using a GW Orc torso
like this one from 2017:
The legs are GW Zombie legs.
This another possibility:
OH THE POSSIBILITIES!
Who's Online 11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)