• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! Thanks Jabberwocky, I'm doing whatever I can to paint at my best level. I'm painting more often and for longer period of time. Since I restarted in January, after a long two-year break, I told myself it was time for me to do what I really like in life. I strongly believe that whatever I do, especialy when I'm doing things I like, I must do it to my best abilities. I really appreciate you noticing my efforts are paying off.

Here are some more pictures.

59a76a2172788_8046_10_HamsterCleric.jpg.d8b5373d24b4d693fa9632f731c44e24.jpg

59a7697069edd_8046_04_HamsterCleric7x7.jpg.8ad5b67abd46781e6ba08fc2354018a1.jpg

59a76974d2990_8046_06_HamsterCleric7x7.jpg.5ede47864e2ac4a9bdcb61873fb3d57b.jpg

59a76976ce55c_8046_08_HamsterCleric7x7.jpg.505a8d23a3b1f9a8ee5fb6fa68c360ec.jpg

• Like 6

Oh my gosh, that SHIELD!!!:wub::wub::wub: It took me several moments of staring to convince myself that you didn't actually use metallic paint! (...I mean, I don't think you did... :wacko:) I think what truly sells it is the fact that the specular reflection (I think that's the right word) isn't straight, so it really does a gorgeous job of convincing the eye that it's a curved shiny metallic surface. Is there a tutorial you followed or some secret technique you can share? :) 

There are so many other spectacular parts of this figure, but that's what really caught my eye the most. Outstanding, exceptional work! :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

On 26/09/2017 at 0:42 AM, OneBoot said:

Oh my gosh, that SHIELD!!!:wub::wub::wub: It took me several moments of staring to convince myself that you didn't actually use metallic paint! (...I mean, I don't think you did... :wacko:) I think what truly sells it is the fact that the specular reflection (I think that's the right word) isn't straight, so it really does a gorgeous job of convincing the eye that it's a curved shiny metallic surface. Is there a tutorial you followed or some secret technique you can share?

You're right, I didn't use any metallic paint.

Like you said, I think it's convincing because the reflexion isn't straight. In fact, it's absolutely random. That's what I call the beauty of chaos. I knew I wanted an aleatory highlight, so I let the blue to white blending show me where it was going to be. I blended from pure blue to pure white with probably five different tones and then, simply strengthen that culminating curve along the palest tone. I used the same approach on top of the helmet.

I hope it will help! Thanks for your comments, I appreciate

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 2