Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

Painting Knarthex... Jakob Knochengard 03785

So I decided that I needed to get off of my deceased donkey and paint something for Reapercon, and decided to paint myself!

I say this because the miniature looks like me in one of my Ren Faire outfits....

001.thumb.JPG.2189681a10e77db5851cc8c12e519689.JPG002.thumb.JPG.d5b39ebc478380097c62340fef8995b4.JPG

Started with the eyes, GW Scorched brown, WC One Coat Beige, GW Snot Green, then began the ski with SC 75 Arabic Shadow...

Hopefully, I will be able to get this done by con....

(This is a cropped pic from GenCon 09 so you can see what I mean....)

artemis.jpg.ead08498d60e8d5b8a456859aba3585e.jpg

yes it isn't exact, but....

• Like 12

It is WONDERFUL seeing you back in action...you have been missed. The latest Knarthex incarnation has potential. Enjoy the process!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      This one was for a facebook competition about color. The rules were, basically, don't worry about anything else but color. Do something different with color. I started with the idea of a dress palette of blue, teal, purple, and magenta. Once I had those colors in place, it was a matter of incorporating them in different areas of the model. I went with cotton candy roses and a galaxy print on the wings. The galaxy was a matter of stippling the dress colors (plus a bit of white) back and forth until the effect was convincing. Then I masked the body of the model and flicked a stiff brush at the wings to make star patterns. I then went back to the dress colors and stippling to blend them in a bit. This was a blast to paint, because I've never really done anything like this before.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      She was the first Bones Black mini I've painted, and I'm digging the new material even if it does feel a bit weird to not douse it in sepia wash first. 

While the addition of a nifty Inquisiting Hat lessens the otherwise piratical vibe she would otherwise have, it does make her face hard to reach. I also noticed that for some reason her braid was completely seperate from her head.

She also had several almost impossible to reach mold lines, but light nitpicking aside, I really like the character of this sculpt.

And with Oswald...

• By knarthex
      So I decided to paint this gur next, but as I have Hair, I wanted him to as well, as he may end up as my PC...(Sculpting here)
      So after the GS dried, Primed with Stynylrez Black prime.
      GW Scorched Brown in his eyes, Reaper Linen white, WC One Coat Blue, then SC 75 Arabic Shade overall.

Thanks for Looking!

G
    • By knarthex
      So I finished up this teeny tiny figure for my ex last night, and thought I would show her off...

Thanks for looking!
      G

WIP here
    • By knarthex
      So at Reapercon 2018, I scored the Duskwarden poster of Thregan Helmsplitter for my work at the auction, and of course, being the Duskwarden*, I have a couple of the minis as well.

So I was thinking of using him as my next PC, but as I have hair, I wanted my mini to also...
      While working on another project with GS, as usual, I made to much, and decided to bite the bullet and do his hair...
      What do you think?

Comments appreciated!

George

Doesn't Jacob Knochengard look like me???
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)