• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all. Was hoping you could help me find a mini.

I have a player in an upcoming game of D&D who wants a flying monkey as a familiar. 

I'm having trouble finding a good option. I'm surprised how few options there are.

I'm looking for one with feathered wings as opposed to bat wings. And something without a fez. Minimal clothing is okay (a vest or some bracelets) but in general looking for something that's more like a wild animal.

STLs are okay. But physical is better.

Thanks in advance!
    • By Auberon
      This year's Christmas present to myself was a Sonic Mini 4k printer.  I've done a few runs now and promised a pic of a painted mini at some point.  Gardain here was a bit of a failure as it turns out there were a few problems with the pre-supports.  Still, he's 99% ok which means he's good enough to use as an example, but also that I don't care enough to paint to a high standard.

So with that in mind, he was painted with a thin layer of primer through the airbrush, a slightly thinned basecoat, and then a few washes.  I.e. the point is to show off how much detail the printer can do, how visible the layer lines are, etc, not how well I can (or can't) paint. He is a 32mm scale dwarf, which means he is a little taller than a Reaper dwarf, but not quite as tall as a Reaper human.

The very bottom of this gauntlet pancaked, but you can only really see it if he is upside down.

Yup, that's a hair support.  The presupport was at too low of an angle so it bonded to the figure.

Btw, those eyes are tiny. His right eye is really bad because the arm blocks coming in from below, the sculpted bushy eyebrow makes any high angle impossible, and he has a big nose.  Jab straight in and hit where you aim!  In fact, they are so small that I can't even tell I painted them at arm's length.  If you skipped them to get him on the table no one would notice.

And there you have it, my first [painted] 3D print.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi gang.

I always have trouble with finishing minis if they take too long.  Groups of minis are a frequent struggle for me.  What kind of advice do you have to avoid burnout?

I try to mix things up to stave off the exhaustion and tedium.  I typically switch off between working on groups of minis, to just doing one at a time.  Small minis to big minis.  Detailed minis to simple minis.  I'll even avoid things that are the same color back-to-back.  Anything to help avoid getting sick of painting.

But I have a harder time just getting through a group of minis.  I'll try breaking them into sub groups, or just focusing on painting everything of the same color like all of the wood, or all the leather.

Maybe I'm just tired in general, but I'm definitely feeling worn down on my current set, which is a shame because I am excited to see them finished.

What advice do you have?

How do you avoid burnout?

How do you get yourself to just keep painting?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Looking for some advice on using inks in painting.

So I've seen people using inks and spouting praise about their uses with mini painting.  Especially for glazing purposes.  I got a set of cheaper inks last christmas, but they really didn't play nice.  They were constantly rehydrating.  Even with a protective layer of spray varnish.  As soon as I painted over top of it, the color would bleed back up.

Anyone know what I was doing wrong?  Or if I was using a kind of ink that wasn't compatible?  I bought a set of 10 colors from amazon - ZZKOKO caligraphy pen ink.

I got an airbrush recently and have heard that white ink results in smoother zenithal than traditional white paint.  Any words of warning?
    • By Fnordlover
      Picture them in your head. Crazy, evil cultists. Secret meetings, twisted plots, midnight masses in service of the unthinkable. Got it? What color are their robes?

I'm about to start painting a group of cultists and I'm having trouble deciding on a color. I don't want the color to be indicative of their allegiance, I want them to be able to stand in for any group of evil cultists.

So I want to put it to the Forumites: What color says, "that's an evil cultist," without having it say, "That's a cultist of (blank)?" What color robes do you wear when you worship your dark Deity of choice? What color looks great, even if it covers 90% of the miniature?
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)