Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other, September Edition

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 14th of September:  What is the most recent song that you have had stuck in your head (aka "earworm").  Feel free to update this through out the day as you read this thread.  You're welcome. :devil:

Sweet Revenge - Krypteria

Something about the time changes and guitar and drum performance.  This song makes for great driving. 

I also love wailing female vocalists.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Clearman said:

Sweet Revenge - Krypteria

Something about the time changes and guitar and drum performance.  This song makes for great driving. 

I also love wailing female vocalists.

I played that one on repeat a LOT a few years ago. Friggin' love that song. It is so devious and mean. Seriously, go translate the Latin in it too. It makes it even more brutal. 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, etherial said:

"South Hampton Avenue" by Blessid Union of Souls. Honorable mention to "More Than A Feeling" by Boston, which was playing on the radio as I got out of my car and continued until I saw this question.

Saw Dunkirk with my wife. Guess what was the last song we heard playing on the radio on the way home.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Zink said:

Interesting to see stuff I like showing up. I tend to think of ear worms as like  the bug from Star Trek 2. They get in your head and you'd rather die than listen to them. 

Me too. Earworms are hated things...

But, my goodness, there is some good music appearing here that I am not across. Expanding my playlist :)

• Like 6

The weekend question will be more a of a hypothetical.  It's kind of involved so it's a three day question.

Question the 15th-17th of September:  The world is gong to end.  A powerful but arbitrary being (alien, wizard, whatever) comes to you and offers to give humanity a second chance by teleporting people back to the Stone Age in order to give them a second chance.  They get sent back in time, Terminator style, naked with nothing but their existing skills and knowledge.  People also get sent back in the roughly the same geographical location they are currently in.  The catch is that this being has decided that it will only send back people that have attended a live performance by one musician or group.  Which performer do you pick and why? 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The weekend question will be more a of a hypothetical.  It's kind of involved so it's a three day question.

Question the 15th-17th of September:  The world is gong to end.  A powerful but arbitrary being (alien, wizard, whatever) comes to you and offers to give humanity a second chance by teleporting people back to the Stone Age in order to give them a second chance.  They get sent back in time, Terminator style, naked with nothing but their existing skills and knowledge.  People also get sent back in the roughly the same geographical location they are currently in.  The catch is that this being has decided that it will only send back people that have attended a live performance by one musician or group.  Which performer do you pick and why? 

Its Friday evening. Why you make my thinky brain thing hurt?

• Like 8

Do the people know why they are being sent back?  If everyone knows that they are being sent back to save the world I have a very different answer than if a bunch of people just wake up in the stone age.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Auberon said:

Do the people know why they are being sent back?  If everyone knows that they are being sent back to save the world I have a very different answer than if a bunch of people just wake up in the stone age.

I'll say yes, they know.  But they don't have time to prep before hand.  Destruction is imminent, weird/powerful dude makes you the offer, and then telepathically lets the selected people know what's going on and sends them all within a minute of your decision.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Performer : Justin Bieber

Why? : To be certain I won't be the one to change history. Let it all end.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Performer : Justin Bieber

Why? : To be certain I won't be the one to change history. Let it all end.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Pete Seeger

Chances are anyone who has seen him perform did so at the Clearwater Festival, AND is an antipollution person....that would be a good mind set for starting over.

• Like 7