Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
This is such a beautiful sculpt! I spent a lot of time just looking at it, thinking. I did not really achieve my vision, but done is done. This small dragon is applealing enough I may do another some day when I have more time to devote and hopefully more skill. Trying for a tropical look, stated with parrot colors, but that didn't work - and this was where I landed!
Got my Reaper Bones V goodies a bit ago, and slapped some paints onto the Pumkinhead beholder. I used Citadel Wraithbone primer, contrast paints, and Army Painter Matte varnish and... months later it remains slightly tacky. It's not... awful. But it's enough that if I put it away in a box with other minis, I'm afraid it won't mix well. I've left it out in the sun for a day, thinking that might 'bake' the stickiness out of it... It did not.
I got Reaper Bones because I figured I could paint, varnish and throw into a box with all my prepainted minis. Some of my older bones remain slightly tacky too. But I figured that with this new round of Reaper Bones, they would have got that figured out. I've painted up the undead giant, but not yet varnished him and I'm afraid to!
I've read the various Reaper Bones help threads, many of which are very old (and one sent me to Facebook, though it looks like it's no longer available. I don't do social media anymore, so not sure?).
Does anyone have any advice to help a guy out? I'm pretty sure I shook my rattlecan varnish adequately. I do live in western San Francisco and wonder if the humidity (fog, it's often cool and misty regardless of the season) may affect this. I try to wait until the weather is clear.
What are you doing to keep your Bones stickiness-free? Any advice you might have would be helpful.
Update 3 Nov 21: over time the tackiness was getting worse; I could no longer pick up the model for fear of leaving a nasty finger print... (In particular, the elements that had GW's "Nurgles Rot" technical paint for some reason reacted really badly, and were quite gooey!) But I finally got a pot of Testors brush on Dullcoat/varnish and it worked like a charm. The figure is no longer tacky. If that changes, I'll come back to update again! 🙂
Hi all, just thought I'd share a couple images of my first Reaper mini painted up. It definitely seemed strange not priming something before getting started (typically print my own lately in resin, so have to prime those), but I wanted to try one of the Reaper products.
I am by no means a pro, but each mini seems to get a bit better - constructive criticism welcome - I know I need to get a better photo setup sometime - maybe when the basement reno is done 🙂
Next up is Boerogg Blackrime the Frost Giant...I love doing monsters so they're on-hand when needed for our D&D campaigns 🙂