Bad squiddo games - Vampire hunter #1

Glamberry

Hi all,

My latest... abomination. Don't like how he turned out. At all. But...I know well enough that a finished mini is a good mini. I really love this model. I got it in a very recent and ultra fast Kickstarter. I think he's a cool looking dude. I might strip him one day and redo him but until then I will start on the other 3.

IMG_20170903_143228504.jpg

IMG_20170903_143146204.jpg

IMG_20170903_142553586.jpg

IMG_20170903_143251968.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find your speed impressive.  That Kickstarter only finished last weekend.

He looks like a vampire hunter, recognizeable and perfectly useable.  I can understand the desire to do it again, but you will have to decide if the time taken is worth it to you or if good enough is okay and you can move on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Knochensack said:

I know what you mean, but I think he came out pretty decent.

Thank you! It is what it is... I'm happy I finished another model. It's better than having half finished stuff laying around aiming for perfection and getting nowhere. I think the next one will go better. One main issue I have I think is that I don't thin my paint enough so it sometimes streaks. Got some thinner to experiment now :)

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I see nothing wrong with it. Looks good!

But maybe it was not the colour you were looking for?

Anyway, most people would be proud of it.

Thank you! It's a combination of things. Contrast a little too high imo, colour choice not the best, his eyes are done poorly (at least they are mostly hidden under his hat) and his sword well... I ended up scraping the paint off cause it was thick and streaky.  Done is done though and I'm happy I have another finished one to set aside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

I find your speed impressive.  That Kickstarter only finished last weekend.

He looks like a vampire hunter, recognizeable and perfectly useable.  I can understand the desire to do it again, but you will have to decide if the time taken is worth it to you or if good enough is okay and you can move on.

I must say I was super excited because that Kickstarter was so quick...I think I must have been one of the lucky ones though that got their stuff sent the next day. I will probably decide after I finished the other ones. I don't really want to get hung up on a model again. It has happened to me before and eventually caused me to lay the brush aside for a long time thinking I'll never get decent enough. Now I know that I just have to keep practicing. I just sometimes get a little discouraged when I see the amazing things people on here can do sometimes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glamberry said:

Hi all,

My latest... abomination. Don't like how he turned out. At all. But...I know well enough that a finished mini is a good mini. I really love this model. I got it in a very recent and ultra fast Kickstarter. I think he's a cool looking dude. I might strip him one day and redo him but until then I will start on the other 3.

You and I define "abomination" very differently.  I can't tell you to be pleased/displeased with any work you've done, but I think I can safely say this is not an abomination.

I think it conveys the sense of a "a rough fellow, who hasn't perhaps lived as a man should" very effectively.

And that's a knife, not a sword.  ::P:

• Like 1