• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/3/2017 at 9:30 AM, stormbreach said:

... I think I will redo the base. It was gray stone ... and I put Army Painter Strong Tone on it knowing it was probably going to look wrong having a brown wash over gray stone and I was right, so I'll be repainting that. ...

20170901_100833.jpg

20170901_100848.jpg

I am pretty sure you managed to match...IMG_0065.JPGone of the rocks ^ in this picture. 

So I don't know about the repaint. If you can knock the shine off with some sort of clear coat it would help it not look wet. (The rocks in the picture are wet.)

• Like 2

Well it's great to have all those votes for 'leave the base, it's fine" because I didn't want to have to do anything to it anyway ::P:  I'll just touch up the gray that got on the base with black and hit it with sealer, then into the glass display case it goes!  Maybe I'll take a picture of that one day, have to find where to put it, it's not really a Show Off.  I think it will be the first time I've sealed Bones though.  For some reason they've never seemed to need it like metal does.  I have been happy with my work on most of my Bones though so maybe i should seal them all before something bad happens to them, we all know how dangerous those glass display cases can be ::D:.  Thanks again for the nice comments guys!

• Like 2