Pegazus

01448: Elf Ranger Flat (ReaperCon 2017 Entry)

5 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Nicely done!

Thanks. So glad I posted this first, then looked at GlenP's Desert Edition of the same figure. Not sure I would have hit submit if I'd done it the reverse!

/Yes, yes. If I painted more than two figures a year, I might see some improvement!

• Like 6

I first thought it was a drawing, then I read the description again.

I think she came out pretty good! The bright colors look like you painted her on ... who ever heard of it ... coloured glass. (And the one who knows where that quotes comes has my admiration for a few minutes at least ;-D)

• Like 3

Nice work!! Some reason one of things that drew my eyes in was the bowstring. I guess seeing so many minis without, kinda made that part stand out. Love the shade of blue you used. I may have to steal it for reference. ::): 

• Like 2

I like it!!!

Nice Blue!

11 hours ago, Knochensack said:

I first thought it was a drawing, then I read the description again.

I think she came out pretty good! The bright colors look like you painted her on ... who ever heard of it ... coloured glass. (And the one who knows where that quotes comes has my admiration for a few minutes at least ;-D)

Tsugata

• Like 1

A good start! For the next one, pick a specific light direction and stick to it. Technically, this can be from any direction you like, but many flat painters think this should be a direction that shows the figure to it's best advantage and allows the throw of cast shadows in addition to the usual lights and darks on one side of the body. I usually go with light coming from the upper left and front of the figure (as viewed). Think super OSL. Generally, you also want to put some light on the face since it adds character to the piece (full face helmets not included :poke:).

Press on!

• Like 2

Decided to add a bit to the presentation, even if it doesn’t count for the Painter’s entry criteria. It’s going into a display cabinet after the con, so I wanted it to be a bit nicer. Added a birch bark disk and stand so it’ll be mostly upright. Really like it. 

744F15B0-E941-42A0-B507-C49455549937.thumb.jpeg.a842af062f7380778770f3ee4bd2d718.jpeg

• Like 10

The ranger looks very nice against that color of wood, and the colors of the figure go together well, too.

Did this model get a number change?  In the store, it is listed as 01448.  The number 30018 isn't in the store.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      I sort of fell off the WIP thread because life made this take longer than I had originally intended. The minis are by Bombshell, and I have to say that they were a pleasure to paint. I will be picking up a few more at ReaperCon, for sure.
      The scenery is by Secret Weapon, Shadow's Edge, and Woodland Scenics. The base is from a cheap 3 pack from Michael's. All paint is from Reaper.
      I'll probably end up staining or painting the base, but I haven't yet decided which way to go with it.
      It feels really good to finish something for the MSPOpen. In hindsight, I probably should've started with something smaller, and worked my way up to this, but meh. I'm pretty proud of this.

• By 72moonglum
      So here is the third figure from the set I was working on recently, a female fighter or ranger with staff. Nowadays on the Ral Partha's site, they just call her a fighter, but she originally belonged  to a three piece blister pack of Rangers from Julie Guthrie's "All Things Dark and Dangerous" figure line.

Being she was a ranger originally, quite the opposite of the Ranger Archer I just finished a few days ago, I tried to give her a bit more natural colors.  And here is then the group together, and the original image I found from an old catalogue:

So anyhow, fun figure to paint, hope you all enjoy!
    • By Citrine
      I had used a bunch of leftover paint for the Reaper bones version of Aviriel Tellerion (77070), and those colors where more in the "evil spectrum" so I switched her over to being a dark elf.  Very happy with how her face turned out, sadly she is looking down so you cannot really see it on the table.
      It has been a while since I posted, I have had a slump in my desire to paint this spring and I tend to wait until I have a bunch to show off to get the light box out.   Avirion here was painted in March.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".

Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.

Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:

• By Ludo
      To help alleviate the last minute rush order or trying to have them shipped to the hotel, I'm reminding people that personalized badge ribbons are a thing.

Because of forum rules we can't post a link to where to order them but if you post here, a certain @ub3r_n3rd fairy may PM you details.

The standard size that Reaper makes their ribbons is: Personalized Badge Ribbon 1-5/8"H x 3-1/2"W

FAQ
      What are the ribbons for?!
      Reaper gives out ribbons for various tasks like joining a faction, taking a class, spending a LOT of money in the Reaper Booth. Some are known, some are secret.
      Individuals also have their own ribbons made and have their own criteria for earning them. 
      In the past there has been a prize for longest chain (without duplicates) but this is subject to the whims of Reaper.

Can I make my own ribbons?
      Absolutely. Anyone can have their own ribbon. Come up with fun (family appropriate) phrase and a task that you will have the receiver perform (again, family appropriate) then contact a ribbon company to have them printed.

How many ribbons should I bring?
      If this is your first time giving out ribbons, 100 should be plenty. If you are teaching a class, running a game or a vendor, you probably want more as you will be interacting with more people.

Is there a list of all the Ribbons and how to get them?
      Short answer, No.
      Part of the fun is talking to people to learn how they got a particular ribbon. When the con starts, I'll probably update this post with a list of known ribbons. like the ones Reaper gives out or ones individuals want to share. (Please don't share the how to unless you have the OK from the creator) 

Not even one spoiler?
      Ok, if you want to get the "Ludo, Friend" ribbon, you have to bring Ludo a small rock. (Rocks from the hotel decor will not be accepted.) Bonus points will be awarded on how fancy the rock is. 

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)