Chris Palmer

Wild West Wizard of Oz Heroes (Pic Heavy) (Bones) ( 80057, 80058, 80059, 80062)

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

They came out very nice. Mine have yet to break out of the blister.

Thank you, Inarah! 

2 hours ago, ograx said:

Haha very nice I was kind of wondering on some of these figures where they fit in

Thank you, ograx!  Yes, it is an odd group to play the traditional Wizard of Oz roles!  ::):

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpuncher said:

Nice detail - Dorthy is my favorite of the bunch.  Do you prime your minis? If so, which color do you use?

Thanks, Liverpuncher!  

No, I  didn't prime any of these guys.  While I usually use Reaper's grey or brown liner as first coat on the regular white Bones to help see the detail;  because these guys were cast in the grey Bones I found I could see the details just fine without doing that liner coat.    Please check out my Bones painting blog if you want to see what techniques and colors I used on any of these figures: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Love the scarecrow! 

Thanks,  NecroMancer!   It certainly was the most unusual figure in the group! 

6 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Wow, that's a great bunch that are all masterfully painted. Very well done!

2 hours ago, Tjrez said:

great job

Thank you both very much for your kind words!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By spitfire23bc
      'Tis the season! I posted this a while ago before is got paint on him. Santac'Laus has featured in the Christmas one-shot games I've run for the last couple of years (and this year is no exception). He's gone from villain to lovable (but weird) friend, who rides a manta-ray-shaped sleigh, pulled by a team of beholders. 

If you're one of my players, please don't read the spoiler!

The hat, sack and present were all made with green stuff. The snow was made with snow powder mixed with water effects. 

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum family, I wanna share with ya all my most recent fatigue: Marthragul!
      I was in doubt if painting it into a realistical Earth dragon, or something more colourful... The Magenta won! :D 
      And I chose to don't cut corners, so no drybrush, no washes, no feathering... just dear, old layering, shading and glazing 
      ...cause I'm a fast painter, as you know 

And, yeah! This took me almost a month of at least two hours per day... basically I hate this dragon now 

Enough talking, time for pics :D

I really hope you like it, if you have any question do not hesitate :)
      As always every C&C is more than welcome.
      Thank you :)
    • By Jordan Peacock
      Recently, Modiphius released an STL model of the Corvega Coupe, so fans can 3D-print their own (provided they have access to a 3D printer, of course).  I am fortunate enough to have a friend (Chris Thesing) who actually has *two* 3D printers.  He printed off two runs of the model: one in lower resolution on his older PrintrBot Plus printer (using Solutech PLA filament), and another using his newer, higher-resolution resin printer.

^^^
      The PLA filament version of the model.  This model prints in two pieces -- one for the undercarriage and wheel hubs, and another for the upper body shell.  Alas, there are no tires, and no separate segments for the gull-wing doors, windows, hood, trunk, etc.  This was printed flat on the bed, and due to the low resolution this of course means a lot of striation on those gently curving surfaces.  (This is how it looked after an initial spritz of white spray primer, as the sheen of the bare plastic was problematic for taking photos of the detail, such as it is.)

^^^
      On the right is the resin-printed version of the same model.  First off, it's a much higher resolution, but also Chris tried printing it at a 45-degree angle (supported by temporary scaffolding) as he's seen several others do.  I'm not quite sure about the advantages of doing this, but I think it makes a difference, because the curved surfaces of the hood, roof, and trunk are very shallow curves.  Actually, I think if the car were put up straight on its bumper, there'd be the best result, because each of the slices across the car would have a minimum variation of width from one to the next, versus the big jumps in footprint area to each layer when the car is printed right-side-up.  That's just my notion, however; there might be factors I'm unaware of that are contributing to this.

Anyway, on the left is the PLA car, but I've gone back with some sandpaper to try to smooth it out a bit.  The trouble is, I noticed that I'd utterly *destroyed* the shallow scribing detail of the gull-wing doors on the roof, and I was in danger of obliterating the Chryslus symbol on the hood and other such things, so I called it quits after a bit, and hoped I could make up for it by camouflaging the striation with "rust paint" effects.

Here's a side-by-side of the two models now that each one is a little closer in terms of where I am in the process.  The green car on the left is the PLA model (you can still see the striation despite my sanding), whereas the resin one is the red one on the right.  I went in and painted the window areas and chrome detail in grey, and splashed some paint on the PLA undercarriage in preparation for making it look a bit rusted out.  At this point, I pretty much decided that the resin car is going to look pretty much intact, though a bit grungy, with the thought that it's a car that's been restored Post-War, or has somehow otherwise been kept in relatively good condition.  (I could after all use it as a "show car" for my "Chryslus Show Room" scenario.)

• By Ooook
      What's better to start my KS Bones topic than Mr. Bones himself ?

(bigger pics on my blog : click the pic to go there)

(click on the pic to view more)

And some treasure/objective tokens with Bones bits and various other stuff (Alkemy, Oathsworn Miniatures, GW, and even Ex-Illis) :

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I painted this guy up, despite having eyes on Gale Force 9's Behir for my personal use. Decided to go ahead and liquidate it in a certain auction site, but so far, no takers. Ah, well. It's still a nice looking mini, so it doesn't hurt to have one around until I manage to finish painting the GF9 Behir... Comments, recommendations, and suggestions are appreciated.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)