• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dae
      After several iterations of painting and base, I'm finally happy with my Griffon and I'm calling it finished! 

The mini ended up looking a bit cartoony 

I did go for something else initially, but it seemed too plain for a griffon, so I was happy to exchange realism for 'striking'. More on PSA.

And I just finished redoing the base -- thanks for support on the WIP board. 

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By PhantomAquarist
      I was having some fun playing with green stuff and decided to revamp the base of this Goroloth. I scupted corals, tube sponge, starfish, and a deadly blue-ringed octopus! There's some pictures of the sculpts before trimming and painting also. :D

• By Hyperion
      So I used to paint a ton, but that was maybe 10 years ago. I just started getting back into the hobby and I've run into an issue. 
      Reaper used to make metal bases that were recessed. I know they sold them in square, maybe 1" or so. I'm pretty confident that they also sold them in round, but I'm not 100% on that.

Now I've been working on a mini project and the base that comes with the figure is abysmal. I was really hoping I could just clip the fig off the existing base and with the help of a little green stuff put it on a new metal base. I really prefer the feel and weight that a metal base would add to the figure.

It appears now that Reaper isn't selling those bases anymore. Does anyone know where I could either find some old inventory and pick up a handful of them, or does anyone know of another source that makes a similar product?
    • By WhiteWulfe
      So, I'm about to start working on making some 3D bases of my own for my dragons (and hubby's too)...  Anyone have any pointers or tips on particular putted to use when coating stuff like cork to add more detail, or would there be much of a difference between say Milliput, greenstuff, or other things?   I ask as terrain generally doesn't require as much detail as a mini would, but it never hurts to get a few more opinions. 

I do have greenstuff atm (and Aves Apoxie if this supplier I'm trying to buy some from sends me an invoice ), and might be ordering some other stuff, hence why I'm curious. 

Love greenstuff for stamped or rolled bases, and gap filling (I suspect when I try sculpting I'll like it too, I'm enjoying how it behaves now that I've had a bit of time using it for gap filling and bases), but naturally I'm open to other options too. 
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)