ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

Female  minotaur (other than Taurus in plastic, though she'd be OK too).

Sprue of 6 halflings, like they've done for goblins and kobolds. Rogues, merchant with guards, male and female peasants, whatever.

• Like 5

One thing we seem to have a hard time finding... Warforged style minis. 

Also, maybe a female halfling wizard as most have weapons instead of a spell effect in their hands. 

• Like 6

Modern weapon pack. Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol, automatic, AK, M16, Thompson, Uzi, MP5, Laser rifle,  not-phaser etc  From wild west to roaring 20's to Vietnam to the future. Could also go back to 14th century blunderbusses and Flintlocks. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Echoside_ said:

I believe @Zanderina was speaking to something akin to the copyrighted Warforged. Construct or robotic adventurers wearing armors or hats or etc etc etc. 

I wouldn't mind more clockwork or steampunk stuff honestly. Wyrmgear being the forefront of the mech-fantasy for Bones.

Clockpunk robots wearing hats would be pretty great.

• Like 3

(Full) Orc and Hobgoblin clerics, wizards, and sorcerers.

Lizardmen, and Frog-type men, too.

More "non-standard" weapon and armor combinations.

Edited by strawhat
Forgot about the lizards and frogs. Eh, I'm a scatterbrain.
  • Like 9

On 9/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, Zanderina said:

One thing we seem to have a hard time finding... Warforged style minis. 

Also, maybe a female halfling wizard as most have weapons instead of a spell effect in their hands. 

On 9/10/2018 at 11:19 AM, MichaelW said:

Clockpunk robots wearing hats would be pretty great.

Something along the lines of the Battleguard Golem Magus?

• Like 3

On 9/8/2018 at 8:59 PM, LonCray1 said:

Asian figs like samurai, monks, civilians, geishas.  Halflings.  Ogres that arent just warriors.  Egyptian civilians that aren't mummified.  

All kinds of fruit!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Echoside_ said:

@Zanderina and I just saw that model today and nearly ordered a few of them.  That's very close to the style she has been searching for. 

Yes like @Echoside_ said that is very close to what we gave been searching for. Also something kind of woodenesque version would be neat. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 4:38 PM, ttuckerman said:

Modern weapon pack. Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol, automatic, AK, M16, Thompson, Uzi, MP5, Laser rifle,  not-phaser etc  From wild west to roaring 20's to Vietnam to the future. Could also go back to 14th century blunderbusses and Flintlocks. 

On 8/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, wargamer1972 said:

1/72 scale army packs.

As just an aside, I've been working on a 1/72 scale cyberpunk-themed model/diorama the last couple months, where I could have really used some 1/72 scale modern small-arms weapons packs.  Those are just about unheard of, though!

So, I figured I'd cheat a bit, and use some "28mm" weapons, and I was lucky to find much of anything in THAT scale for weapons, beyond a few rare and over-priced bits that turn up from time to time on bits sites as stuff broken down from those boxed kits of customizable wargames figures.

So, anyway, I'd have jumped on some heroic-scale modern / near-future / sci-fi weapons sprues in a heartbeat, and some 1/72 scale weapons and accessories would have been even more niche but welcome!

And Bones 1/72 scale historical plastic figures would be brilliant, as someone who has dabbled more than once in that hobby:  the conventional plastic material 1/72 scale figures were made from since the '70s and '80s resists painting and modifications, and is just a nuisance to work with - I tried modifying some of these recently, and realized just how much a pleasure "Bonesium" is to work with by comparison!  (Still, I'd have also have loved to have seen the 1/72 wargame miniatures manufacturers do the opposite, and mass-produce some 28mm/heroic fantasy, sci-fi, and historic stuff on the cheap, as that stuff tends to be a great bargain on a price-per-mini basis, but that's a different story....)

On 9/5/2018 at 2:28 PM, JGrubber said:

Bones 5 Suggestions:

Elementals:

- Small elementals (like the water weird miniature) but for the other elements

- necromentals- pyre, grave, blood, swarm

- para-elementals- ice, smoke, magma, ooze

JGrubber, welcome!  And I love all of the suggestions you made, but I'll add to your "Elementals" list some tiny elementals - like,  Magician's familiar-sized (or at least Halfling-sized) fire, air, water, and earth guys. 

I guess little winged quasit/mephit style guys are popular requests at that size, too, and those would also be awesome so I'll add those as well, but I totally want to summon like an army of little angry, malevolent living fire guys to run amok on the world, spreading fire and chaos and terror everywhere they leap and scurry....

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 4