ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

On 4/11/2019 at 2:15 AM, redambrosia said:

We need a Big Stompy Robot. Not the CAV stuff, a robot that doesn't have a pilot. And it needs to be BIG, like, storm giant big!

Kahnjira sized would be great!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We need some (or at least one) of  the four armed bitey, clawy things Thanos used to attack Wakanda in Avengers: Infinity War.

Just looked them up.

They're called Outriders and apparently in the comics they can turn invisible and read minds.

And some have six arms.

So, I want some not-Outriders, one with six arms to be a boss and at least two different poses of the four armed ones.

• Like 5

I just rewatched Aquaman, I wouldn't mind some Atlantean soldiers in their "scuba" suits that allow them to operate on land.

• Like 5

In the new wargame Saga Age of Magic one of the factions can turn any terrain piece into an allied creature/monster. 

This led me to wonder what a 'townhouse golem' or 'cottage golem' would look like...

If such a thing were made it would be good for it to be Shipwreck Golem size rather than Graveyard Golem size. 

• Like 4

How about some mini bases with a terrain pattern? Cobblestone, etc

• Like 8

My rug of smothering in the Rise of the Mimics KS thread got me thinking:

Mundane items that also serve dual purpose as creature items, ie rug of smothering, flying objects, etc etc.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looking over the Dreadmere PDF, we really need some 'Meremaids.  They're a classic monster that's surprisingly missing from the Bones range.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Looking over the Dreadmere PDF, we really need some 'Meremaids.  They're a classic monster that's surprisingly missing from the Bones range.

Wait what pdf?

• Like 2

Modular stackable stairs - with either landings every two inches or not to scale so that minis can be placed on the stairs themselves.

Both circular stone and straight wooden with landings and bends.

The Auld Grump - my most used paper models are for stairs.... Fights up and down stairs, with the occasional plummet.... ::P:

• Like 10

Our Dark Sun campaign sure could use some Kank miniatures... so anything resembling a Giant Beetle Mount? :)

Edited by Toa
  • Like 3

I want more normal animals.

• Walrus /Seal
  • Farm Animals
  • Cats and Dogs in sleeping/playing/sitting poses
  • Sprue of birds sitting and flying
  • Sprue of small lizards/frogs/turtles/snakes
  • Plain unbridled horses/donkeys
  • Sprue of small rats/mice/weasels/hedgehogs/rabbits
  • Badger / raccoon/ red panda /wombat/ capibara
  • Hippos both full and some waterline models.
  • Giant Otters
  • Eagles/Owls/Hawks
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2018 at 6:41 AM, redambrosia said:

A dragon in a relaxed pose. Perhaps the "loaf" pose that cats take. Perhaps made to look like the dragon is having a conversation with something below its nose. A nice, big dragon too. ^_^ 

I could use that next time the party meets Drake at the bath house. ::):

It will be the first time they see him in full blue dragon form.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:21 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Modular stackable stairs - with either landings every two inches or not to scale so that minis can be placed on the stairs themselves.

Both circular stone and straight wooden with landings and bends.

The Auld Grump - my most used paper models are for stairs.... Fights up and down stairs, with the occasional plummet.... ::P:

Sounds boring and useful! ::D:

Since the Bones weapons sprues can't be sold as is, I would like to see them remade and put into circulation! ::):

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

With the new Bones Black, a good way to sell “tons” of minis would be to do a variety of “rank and file” figures. Most gamers are likely to need lots of zombies, evil henchmen and the likes.

These types of figures can be done for several “period” like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Pulp, etc. Some could even be made so they’ll be in scale with the average historical minis out there.

For example, figures like the Nova troopers from the first KS were helpful as proxy “stormtroopers” but, they suffer from the weaker details of the first bones material... they were a tad too bendy and lacked some details.

Anyhow, I think these types of figures would sell them... giant ants, giant spiders, giant rats and lot of different “dungeon swarms” could sell well too... Maybe from a KS Bones V

:poke:

Edited by Calimero
  • Like 6