ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

On 8/1/2019 at 8:12 PM, buckyball said:

I would like to see a bones expansion set that is all Dreadmere monsters and adversaries. You could call it Dangers of Dreadmere.

buckyball

I'd certainly throw money at another Dreadmere set.  And Reaper already has a number of excellent sculpts in its back catalogue that can start the set off.  Some of my favorites:

• 03243 Swamp Shambler (this is an excellent sculpt, and it fits the setting perfectly too!)
  • 02691 Striges  (small winged imps, stirges, quasits, etc. seem to be a regular request, and these "striges" and the dead trees their hanging out in would be right at home in the swamp and in dungeons!)
  • 14501 Scuttlebones, Undead Crab
  • 06215 Overlord Shadow Legionnaires
  • 02984 Undead Constructs (these things look like something a crazy swamp witch put together out of odd bits of debris!)
  • 60077 Baba Yaga
  • 14317 Jos Gebbler, Mercenaries Mage
  • 03687 Dreg Devourer & Slinker
  • 03688 Dreg Butchers
  • 02943 Festering Spirit
  • 50293 Bonnie, Muumuu Zombie
  • 50066 Urban Zombies
  • 50317 Zombie Miners  (I love these tool-using Urban Zombies and Zombie Miners, as they seem to have a little more malevolent life to them and intelligence than usual for zombies - they remember what it was like to be alive, they resent the fact that they're dead and you aren't, and they get their undead kicks from scaring and hurting the living!)
  • 02665 Killer Frogs
  • 03030 Toadman
  • 02630 Frogmen
  • ...toss in a few familiars, such as the tortoise from 03608, the crab and diving-helmet thing in 03608, the toad and snail in 02593, the owl in 02399, and maybe one or two of the assorted snakes, lizards, etc.
  • Halflings seem to fit right in with the setting:
    • 03729 Halfling Farmers
    • 03439 Dicarus Darksword, Hafling Assasin
    • 07018 Gus Greenweevil, Halfling Henchman
    • 03234 Melantha, Female Halfling
    • 02831 Olivia, Halfling
    • 02676 Elia Shadowfeet, Female Halfling Thief
  • Some humans that fit the setting:
    • 07024 Brother Lazarus, Plague Doctor
    • 07017 Sister Hazel, Plague Doctor
    • 60164 Vampire Hunter
    • 02861 Abram Duskwalker
    • 02548 Merchant & Henchmen (with some minor adjustments)
  • Dwarves:
    • 02559 Dwarven Brewmeister

Pick and choose a few of the above, toss in some scenic bits (maybe a creepy swamp shack, some standing stones, and/or some Blair Witch-style branches and other debris tied into ominous, cursed/magic sculptures), add in a few new and original bits, and I think you've got a great start to a second Dreadmere expansion....

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 9

Repeating the call for the Guardian Beast (sku 14234) to be produced in Bonsium.

1905804427_14234GuardianBeast.jpg.bafc61ef84c5a39f7d240c592d2e2046.jpg

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Male and female, modern and fantasy, seated legs/lower body. So with bones you can cut a torso and attach it to a lower body to have seated figures. A few poses for era give you some pretty serious customization

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, YronimosW said:

Halflings seem to fit right in with the setting:

• 03729 Halfling Farmers
  • 03439 Dicarus Darksword, Hafling Assasin
  • 07018 Gus Greenweevil, Halfling Henchman
  • 03234 Melantha, Female Halfling
  • 02831 Olivia, Halfling
  • 02676 Elia Shadowfeet, Female Halfling Thief

I'm all about more halfling, though I'd throw in a halfling vardo as well as a halfling riding a small gold dragon! :rolleyes:

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Maredudd said:

I'm all about more halfling, though I'd throw in a halfling vardo as well as a halfling riding a small gold dragon! :rolleyes:

Not just half-pint vardo, regular vardo as well!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pochi said:

Not just half-pint vardo, regular vardo as well!

My definition of a halfling vardo is a big palatial two story affair that just happens to be a refitted full size vardo! So, you know, they can fit the whole family inside! ::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 8/11/2019 at 12:08 PM, lexomatic said:

Male and female, modern and fantasy, seated legs/lower body. So with bones you can cut a torso and attach it to a lower body to have seated figures. A few poses for era give you some pretty serious customization

And, similarly, cavalry legs and horses.

I can't help believing that a handful of different horses and a set of different styles of legs to mount them (to which minis cut at the torso can be attached) would surely cover a LOT of the ground for the surprisingly popular request for cavalry.... generic plate-mail legs, chain-mail legs, etc.  Mount the same legs and the same torsos to four different horses and paint each one a little differently, and at a glance it'll look like four different riders, too;  with a couple different torsos, you'll get even more mileage from the whole thing; with a couple different torsos, some Bones weapon sprues, and a little creative re-posing, you'll really get a good variety of cavalrymen from the same basic models....

• Like 8

Some male and female human-like swashbucklers with a rapier and buckler, rapier and cloak, rapier and dagger, or two rapiers would be rad.

Most of Reaper's swashbuckler miniatures are old Sandra Garrity sculpts or confined to the Pathfinder range.

• Like 8

I'd like to see some spell effects minis.  And more dead - not walking around undead, rather on the ground with arrows sticking out or rotting altogether dead.  Dead monsters too.  And I agree with needing more mounted figures - and maybe we could get some exotic mounts like giant seahorses and sharks and griffins?  Some dragons eggs would be welcome.  

Also, I think Bones V would benefit from an add-on set of various lengths of brass rod and some drill bits, with 'Drill here' instructions online so folks can easily pin any Bones that are succumbing to the forces of gravity.  

Edited by LonCray1
  • Like 9