Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

I'll post it here too, but I'd love to see a Bones giant Oriental Dragon. Definitely a lack of them floating around the Reaper catalogue. 

I'll also add with the success of Stranger Things and recent(ish) Drizzt novels... I'd like to see an updated Demogorgon... or an upscaled Demonic Lasher if you will :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How about a Noah's ark, with animals and such? That would be cool, and with the popularity of the Barge from Bones 4, I could see it being a viable option.

• Like 4

A Steampunk Airplane with a gnome or kobold crew.

A zeppelin with a dwarf crew.

A hot air balloon with patches and cruddy basket with goblin crew.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Female were-creatures

Huge-sized Gelatinous Cube (3" base)

Large-sized dragons (2" base)

Mounted gnomes and halflings

Equipment bits

Comments:

Female were-creatures are few and far between, with a few (such as the wereboar) not existing anywhere that I've been able to find.

A Huge-sized Gelatinous Cube (simply scale up the existing one's top section and make a new bottom piece) would be very cool.

As far as large-sized dragons: one thing that I noticed in my collection of figures is that there seems to be a significant gap in this size - there are a number that fit on 1" bases and a bunch that are on 3", 4" or larger bases, but only a few sized well for 2" bases.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of mounted gnomes and halfling figures out on the market, which is unfortunate, as their smaller size allows them to ride creatures that can fit into the typical dungeon setting, allowing for a greater use of mounted combat rules. Ideally having a mounted and on foot version of the same figures for this would be very nice.

Equipment bits: as a customizer I always am on the lookout for interesting equipment bits to add to figures. A few bits for creatures other than medium sized (small in particular, but larger also welcome) would help out here.

• Like 8

Like @TaleSpinner, I'd like to see a more generally useful small ship or large boat, but I'd prefer a sloop or schooner (about the size of a 6-gun sloop or schooner of the Napoleonic era, though guns wouldn't be necessary), an oared gunboat (usually of a size to carry a single gun), or a longboat (usually around 8 oars, 4 per side).

• Like 7

As per the Bones 4 Kickstarter discussion:  Corgi Dragons!

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85714-corgi-dragons-split-from-bones-4-discussion/&

with the following design specification: 

7 minutes ago,  NebulousMissy said: 

Just for that any corgi dragons should be the size of the War Pugs and have iddy biddy wings held on by obvious straps.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

As per the Bones 4 Kickstarter discussion:  Corgi Dragons!

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75913-reaper-bones-4-enthusiasm-and-commentary-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1815027

with the following design specification: 

7 minutes ago,  NebulousMissy said: 

Just for that any corgi dragons should be the size of the War Pugs and have iddy biddy wings held on by obvious straps.

All of this!

• Like 6

Goats

Specifically I want a goat for the mini of my female halfling ranger to ride but let's start broader with goats. And more halflings of various kinds.

Edited by sinless
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, sinless said:

Goats

Specifically I want a goat for the mini of my female halfling ranger to ride but let's start broader with goats. And more halflings of various kinds.

+1  (gazillion halflings)

• Like 6

I'd like any translucent Bones figures to be done in clear plastic. It's easy to tint clear plastic, but colored plastic is both much darker and nearly impossible to color shift.

If a fire elemental (for instance) is done in clear, you could choose your flame color rather than having to go with whatever red dye the factory or Reaper picked.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ChristopherGeorge said:

I'm really surprised that no one has requested Goblin Wolf Riders. They would be awesome to have in Bones.

I have repeatedly asked for mounts and separate riders for all races.

Mix your own cavalry.

So, boars, wolves, horses, goats, tigers, large birds, velociraptors etc and then riders separate like dwarves, humans, goblins, orc, elves, drow, undead.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have repeatedly asked for mounts and separate riders for all races.

Mix your own cavalry.

So, boars, wolves, horses, goats, tigers, large birds, velociraptors etc and then riders separate like dwarves, humans, goblins, orc, elves, drow, undead.

We do need this, so we can do @buglips*the*goblin on a goat!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4