Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

I third the vote for guardian beast, I was really hoping that it would be in the Bones 5 Chronoscope expansion.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I third the vote for guardian beast, I was really hoping that it would be in the Bones 5 Chronoscope expansion.

I've been begging them for it since around Bones 2, but so far, no dice. Maybe some day...

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Since the Fire Giants seem to be more character models - I would really like to see a Fire Giant blacksmith and his anvil.

Could double as Vulcan in a Mythic game. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 6

I'd really like to see quite a few
aarakocras
angels
ape (medium)
centaurs
clockwork spider
couatl
crab (small)
deer (medium)
ghosts (non-humans)
giffs
goat (large)
horse
hyenas (medium & large)
kenkus
kuo-toas
nothics
octopus (small)
owl (large)
pixies
salamanders
sphinx (male)
tiger (large)
tortles
vultures (medium & large)
warforgeds
wasp (medium)
weretigers
zombies (non-humans)
zombies (gnoll)

• Like 7

An urban elemental/golem.

Cobblestones, pipes, grates, all in a roughly human shape - a lot like the Graveyard Golem, but for the city.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

Egyptian, Arab, Meso-American, Native American, African, Oriental, Asian, style Undead, Monsters, Mythological Stuff and Warriors/Villagers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

+1 for crabs. Swarm, tiny, small, medium, large.

Angels, maybe one with shackles.

Centaur with bows (polearms on the existing ones are kinda wonky), maybe a slightly wider hand to get a drill bit through?

Hags, maybe one influenced by the thing in "the ring", maybe an ugly witch one.

Terrain stuff: baskets, stools, chairs, thrones, pile of rocks (cairns?), long tables with a runner, a larger bag (like laundry size, that I can paint a dollar sign on), a collection of steins and drinkware, funeral pyre, altar that doesn't look demonic, announcement podium.

Is there a town crier?

• Like 6

Yes, in Bones 4, I don't know if it released yet.

Here is what I was thinking about but they call him a sheriff.  Still a good one for town crier Sheriff Drumfasser sku: 44018

https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/figurefinder+plastic+fantasy+male/latest/44018

Edited by ttuckerman
  • Like 2

I would like to see the existing Brain in a Jar figure scaled down by 50% (or possibly even more). Right now it is effectively a large figure and the brain itself only right if it belonged to a giant or dragon. Reducing it in size would make it more suitable as the head of a medium or small creature.

• Like 7

On 6/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, Magesmiley said:

I would like to see the existing Brain in a Jar figure scaled down by 50% (or possibly even more). Right now it is effectively a large figure and the brain itself only right if it belonged to a giant or dragon. Reducing it in size would make it more suitable as the head of a medium or small creature.

Yeah, I agree with this.

• Like 2

04011 Maskarr Stoneskin, Half-Giant

I know he only just came out in metal, but this guy is going to be immensely useful to me. He can be a half-giant or a D&D Goliath (and for my Norse campaign world, I use Goliath as half-giants, with stone (regular Goliath), frost, and fire variants, so it'll be good to paint this figure up in different skin colors).

• Like 4

More Mythos investigators and critters. Gangsters. I'm still hoping for at least one 1920s/30s car, especially now that Chronoscope Bones has a camper, showing the viability of bones vehicles. Flappers. Guy wearing a fur "pimp coat." Beat cops.

• Like 6

Agreed on the Mythos investigators and critters - I'm not sure how popular those have been (hopefully popular enough to make more!), but I for one am a fan, and I really appreciate the great variety of investigator figures we've been getting. 

Cops, soldiers, government agents

Miskatonic University students

Hill folk and rustics, including backwoods witches and the like - towns like Innsmouth, Arkham, Kingsport, and especially Dunwich are full of these characters!

An entire cast of creepy, eccentric Gothic usual suspects of the sort that should be hanging out in Old Dark Houses (see The Addams Family, The Spider Baby, Arsenic and Old Lace, etc.)  Creepy butlers, crazy aunts in the attic, mad scientists, creepy kids, etc.

I'm still hoping to see someone do a nice range of plastic Zoogs, including Zoog characters (not necessarily using Chaosium's take on the creature, which Lovecraft gave a sketchy but evocative description to, giving sculptors/artists a lot of room to imagine their own take on the critters!) 

Spoiler

"In the tunnels of that twisted wood, whose low prodigious oaks twine groping boughs and shine dim with the phosphorescence of strange fungi, dwell the furtive and secretive zoogs; who know many obscure secrets of the dream-world and a few of the waking world... flitting small and brown and unseen and bearing back piquant tales to beguile the hours around their hearths in the forest they love. Most of them live in burrows, but some inhabit the trunks of the great trees; and although they live mostly on fungi it is muttered that they have also a slight taste for meat, either physical or spiritual, for certainly many dreamers have entered that wood who have not come out.... One sees their weird eyes long before one can discern their small, slippery brown outlines.  Out they swarmed, from hidden burrow and honeycombed tree, till the whole dim-litten region was alive with them. Some of the wilder ones brushed Carter unpleasantly, and one even nipped loathsomely at his ear; but these lawless spirits were soon restrained by their elders. The Council of Sages, recognising the visitor, offered a gourd of fermented sap from a haunted tree....  Carter heard behind him the frightened fluttering [voices] of some of the more timid zoogs...." - "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath"

There don't seem to be any Bones not-Byahkhees yet, either.  (Again, Lovecraft gives a sketchy enough description of the unnamed creatures that were the basis for Chaosium's Byakhees that Reaper's sculptors have a pretty broad canvas to work with!)

Spoiler

"There flapped rhythmically a horde of tame, trained, hybrid winged things... not altogether crows, nor moles, nor buzzards, nor ants, nor decomposed human beings, but something I cannot and must not recall." - "The Festival"

And, it seems to me that a translucent Colour Out of Space ought to be a lot of fun to paint!  (On paper, it ought to be unpaintable, but I have a feeling that won't stop anyone from trying, and having fun doing so!)

50317 Zombie Miners - and similar pulp mook armed "townfolk" (I like these because they are "zombies" that can easily pass for living human beings, and they aren't really stuck in any particular genre or setting, making them very versatile!)  Other professions for similar creatures:  fishermen, sailors, woodsmen (lumberjacks and hunters), farmers, servants (groundkeepers, cooks, etc.), merchants/shopkeepers, gravediggers/graverobbers/tombraiders....

03243 Swamp Shambler - I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen this one in Bones yet

Bobby Jackson's Deep Gnomes and Halflings in the last couple have been fantastic - would love to see more!

• Like 4

On 7/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, Fnordlover said:

... now that Chronoscope Bones has a camper...

Do wait, what? Where?

• Like 2

Just now, Weird-O said:

Do wait, what? Where?

Bones 5 pledge manager

• Like 2