ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

This is Reaper related. I emailed Ron Hawkins a while back ago about a character idea for the next Kickstarter. And he told me it might just show up in bones 6. Followed up by a winky face. want to see if we can get a pole going to have this character introduced into the next series. My suggestion was to have a Leviathan whale sizably to the pirate ship from bones 5 thats currently underproduction. It could be possibly the biggest miniature they've ever made. It doesn't have to be the full size of the pirate ship in length. But it would be the largest and coolest mini to paint. Plus no other company has made a Leviathan. Pictures below are concept ideas I sent him. If we can get enough likes on this maybe we can get this miniature pushed through. Monster mini!!! I don't know about others but I would easily pay $100 or more for it during a Kickstarter. Especially if so many people were already willing to spend $100 on the ship.

inbound974350508224938334.jpg

inbound9040384371861850135.jpg

inbound5166024019175256941.jpg

inbound1398830102235383295.jpg

inbound9068671831762687660.jpg

inbound9181087185912300539.webp

I post this on Facebook also. Where Jon Overton commented about how it would be cool to have a mini island on its back. So I'm all for that also. 

Edited by PhantomAquarist
Forgot it period
  • Like 8

After I suggested the idea on the Bones 5 thread, the idea was brought up on Reaper's Facebook page.

We need a LEVIATHAN! i.e. a giant monster whale, or sea serpent. Reaper needs it's own Moby Dick.

If the whale path is chosen, instead of a single massive whale, segments breaching above the water would be a nice idea.

5159560621_7d3eb3da9a_z.jpg

Humpback whale.

breaching-whale-accidentally-captures-se

Sperm whale.

357d19fa0ce40f798e17e9edee2a89f7.jpg

Same deal with sea serpents. A large head(s) poking out of the water with several tails/tentacles and boom! you got a nasty encounter.

P.S. Ninjaed! :ph34r:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8

On 7/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, Cranky Dog said:

After I suggested the idea on the Bones 5 thread, the idea was brought up on Reaper's Facebook page.

We need a LEVIATHAN! i.e. a giant monster whale, or sea serpent. Reaper needs it's own Moby Dick.

If the whale path is chosen, instead of a single massive whale, segments breaching above the water would be a nice idea.

Same deal with sea serpents. A large head(s) poking out of the water with several tails/tentacles and boom! you got a nasty encounter.

P.S. Ninjaed! :ph34r:

With any whales or leviathans, we would need a crew of whalers.  Minis that would work with upcoming pirate ship, usable for either fantasy or Victorian era.

• Like 4

Always going to go for the Mythos critters.  CoC players are paying big bucks for them everywhere else.  Second any 1920's gangsters, flappers, jazz musicians, newspaper boy, basic vehicles (Model A, T and TT in particular).

Also add in my vote for crab swarms, I've used them before on beach encounters with aquatic Druids.

The more swarms the better: Flying insects (in clear?), birds, fish, jelly fish, cats (half joke, thinking of the Cat Lord from the AD&D books), etc.

Alternate mounts: goat, boar, lizard, Unicorn, riding dog,  dog sled team to go with the Artic Explorer?

Barnyard animals to go with all the fantastic commoners we've got: Goat, chickens, ox, 

How about a full expansion for a small farm?  Shed, A-frame cottage, stable, out house, watering tough, tools, plow, well, maybe fences with a gate.

(I just realized, there's no well mini...)

Casualty minis.  Lots of dead/down options for commoners, adventurers, soldiers/orcs/goblins/kobolds, etc.

• Like 7

I'm all for Cat Swarms!  Bonus points if a Bones version of Edna the Cat Lady and her cats (50235) is released alongside the cat swarms.

Maybe together, in the form of a cat-themed add on... include:

• Cat Swarms
  • Edna the Cat Lady (50235)
  • Mercurix, Winged Cat (03977)
  • Catfolk (I rather like this style of catfolk!):
    • Tawnyll, Catfolk Wizard (03933)
    • Trilladour, Catfolk Bard (03924)
    • Swiftpaw, Catfolk Monk (03923)
    • Mistveil, Catfolk Sorceress (03927)
    • Steelclaw, Catfolk Paladin (03928)
    • Azarmand, Catfolk Barbarian (03934)
  • Some Dreamlands cat adventurers, up to Dreamlands cat mischief
  • Cat Villains, Cat Cultists, Cat Cult Leader

For cat characters, as far as I'm concerned, "heroic" sculpts in a slightly exaggerated scale for visibility/detail is great, and bits of clothing, jewelry, or equipment suitable for cat adventuring is fine by me :)

I can't be the only role-player on earth who has known multiple cat fans in the RPG hobby?  In my experience, mischievous cats and RPGs seem to go together like cats and books, cats and dice, cats and board games, cats and cat people....

• Like 8

On 7/30/2020 at 2:22 PM, ScryingEyeGames said:

With any whales or leviathans, we would need a crew of whalers.  Minis that would work with upcoming pirate ship, usable for either fantasy or Victorian era.

Another possible use for a whale figure would be as the soar whale from the 3rd edition D&D Arms and Equipment guide. Having a gondola that could be hung under the whale would be pretty cool too.

• Like 5

On 8/5/2020 at 1:19 PM, YronimosW said:
  • Some Dreamlands cat adventurers, up to Dreamlands cat mischief
  • Cat Villains, Cat Cultists, Cat Cult Leader

Anything Call of Cthulhu is great, especially Dreamlands beasties.  (Cat Cult Leader?  I love that one...)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rotpatch, Pumpkin Golem (03377)

Freddie, Pumpkin Horror (03708)

Fritz, Pumpkin Horror (03709)
Pumpkin Horrors (03356)
Jack O'Lanterns & Pumpkins (02992)

Been meaning to add these since last October, but only just got around to making an account.

The Halloween Knight and the Scarecrows and Overgourd in the Bones V Kickstarter have me aching for a whole pumpkin-patch full of baddies.  It'd be nice to see some of these pumpkin classics get the bones treatment, especially Rotpatch!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MoonglowMinis said:

Rotpatch, Pumpkin Golem (03377)

Freddie, Pumpkin Horror (03708)

Fritz, Pumpkin Horror (03709)
Pumpkin Horrors (03356)
Jack O'Lanterns & Pumpkins (02992)

Been meaning to add these since last October, but only just got around to making an account.

The Halloween Knight and the Scarecrows and Overgourd in the Bones V Kickstarter have me aching for a whole pumpkin-patch full of baddies.  It'd be nice to see some of these pumpkin classics get the bones treatment, especially Rotpatch!

Welcome to the forum!

And an excellent first post. I agree with you 100% that these all need to be in Bones ASAP!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The Pumpkin Horrors are great, they remind me of the Bones Grave Minions or Stitch Golems or Toolbots, as well as the upcoming Boulderkin, and the occasional mushroom monster or stick monster:  these sorts of things make for some great little encounters that stand out a bit from the more generic mooks like skeletons, goblins, zombies and orcs.  Not that skeletons, zombies, goblins, orcs, and the like don't have their place, but pretty much everyone makes their own versions of these, with Reaper already having plenty.  What you don't find very often are things like those Pumpkin Horrors or...

• Monstrous Snowmen (03296)
  • Living Flames in the style of the Boulderkin
  • Candle Golems, with candlestick hands lit up and ready to catch adventurers ablaze
  • Potato Golems:  large potatoes with little eyes, mouths, hands, and feet stuck on by some deranged artificer
  • Killer Ventriloquist Dummies
  • Evil Puppet People
  • Animated Teddy Bears with claws and sharp teeth
  • Jack in a Box (a hideous monster - not necessarily a toy - stuffed into a small box, springing out at an unsuspecting victim!)
  • The Thing Under the Bed and the Closet Monster

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, YronimosW said:

The Pumpkin Horrors are great, they remind me of the Bones Grave Minions or Stitch Golems or Toolbots, as well as the upcoming Boulderkin, and the occasional mushroom monster or stick monster:  these sorts of things make for some great little encounters that stand out a bit from the more generic mooks like skeletons, goblins, zombies and orcs.

Yes!  Its always great to have some variety with the little monster encounters.  Looking forward to the Brine Goblins from Bones V for that very reason.  Would also be great to see those monstrous snowmen make the leap to bones.  I don't think I've ever seen those before.  The rest of your suggestions are equally fun and evil.  Perfect little minions for witches and other creepy foes.

• Like 3

They'd make fine familiars and sidekicks, too.

I've probably put them on my Bones wish-list a couple times before, but these also fit into a similar category:

• Evil Shrine and Pygmy Savages (03497)
  • Dreg Butchers (03688)
  • Dreg Devourer and Slinker (03687)

I think those Dregs look closer to my concept of orcs than almost anything else I've ever seen in miniatures!

• Like 4

Since everyone loves wolves and/or werewolves (and you're wrong if you don't ::P:), we really NEED the Koborlas Warlord faction in Bones.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm still bucking for a First Responders set.  Cops, paramedics, firefighters, etc.  And with all the Mythos stuff being added, some 1920's American cops to match the Bobbies and the RCMP would be nice, too.

• Like 7