Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

This might have already been suggested, but:

I would like to see some OVERWEIGHT ADVENTURER figures.

Male and female of all classes. That "full-figured" Henchwoman in the Bones V Power-Up is a great start and I'd like to see a lot more to choose from.

P.S. This request is for Bones Black or Bones USA; my preferred material.

• Like 9

On 12/13/2019 at 9:45 AM, Lidless Eye said:

The Dreidel Golem, as it appears to be functional but I'm afraid that using a metal painted mini for spinning would chip it like crazy, not so much with sealed Bones.

Dreidel Golem

After actually getting and assembling one this year, I'm doubling down on that...those arms will go flying off instantly in metal.

Following the pirate theme of Bones 5 I'd love to see some pirates that have parts of their bodies that are those of sea creatures (think Davy Jones' crew from Pirates of the Caribbean). Reaper actually has one and it's pretty cool looking (14566), but I'd love to have an actual crew of these to face off against the pirate PCs.

Also following the pirate theme, I think a few "17th century royal navy" inspired minis would be neat (again, think about the ones that tried to capture Jack Sparrow at the beggining of the first film). I think those would add more variety to the range of enemies that pirate PCs could battle against, some sort of law-enforcer sailors.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Edrajai said:

Following the pirate theme of Bones 5

Also following this theme, I wish there were a greater selection of non-human pirates.  I'd love to see some maritime elves and dwarves and gnomes.  Or even some dragonkin and other more nuanced races.  Though I do understand there might be waning interest with those.

• Like 5

Big Trees for scatter terrain. Think Tree of Despair, but for Forrest encounters. it would be nice if a few of them had places for characters is 1" bases to sit in the branches. 

• Like 5

Reiterating my, and apparently several others’, desire for more expansions based on real-world historical civilizations. High on those lists are Norse, Egyptian, Mesoamerican, Persian, Celtic.

Myself? A Norse-themed expansion would be my ultimate dream. If Reaper could make a longship, too, I’d max out the number I could buy of both. Something like a 15” long by 3” wide longship with one mast would be amazing. Maybe in the $25 - $30 add-on range?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Reiterating my, and apparently several others’, desire for more expansions based on real-world historical civilizations. High on those lists are Norse, Egyptian, Mesoamerican, Persian, Celtic.

Also came here to reiterate this point.  There's already some good choices in the metal catalog that could help populate the numbers.

Norse:

There's several cool viking minis in the metal line already.  Maybe supplement these with a few newer ones.  I'd especially like to see non-human races like orcs, goliath, or firbolg.  There's already plenty of dwarves with a pseudo-norse style.  Plus the longship that @ksbsnowowl mentioned.

Bregan, Valkyrie 03810

Ulf Gormundr 60144

Barbarian Hero 03468

Amon, Viking Warrior 03385

Byndi, Female Warrior 03287

Olaf, Viking Chieftain 03240

Tharn Helmsunder 02640

Eric Redbeard 02280

Orlath Hoarbeard 02333

Egyptian

The Nefsokar army has a lot of great options that haven't yet made the jump to bones.

Akar Nakhal, Pharaoh Dragon 03593

Tariq, Nefsokar Sergeant 14094

Khamsin Herdsmen 06141

Khamsin Rangers 06142

Khamsin Archer, Nefsokhar Adept 04255

Khamsin Lancer, Nefsokhar Adept 04253

Anwar, Nefsokhar Sergeant 14148

Egyptian Priestess and Baboon 03506

Mi-Sher, Dervish Warrior 03515

Daughter of Sekhmet 04510

Chosen of Sekhmet 04513

Anubis Guard 14390

Nefsokhar Devourer of Ammat 14381

Dust Devil, Nefsokhar Monster 14245

Khufu, Nefoskhar Warlord 14098

Arabian

A little trickier to find these but I see there's a "Legends of the Sands" boxed set and a few others.  Had more luck finding these guys by searching their clothing, "sirwal" and "turban."

Arik Tallazar, Mercenaries Hero 14314

Rasia, Bladedancer 02970

Baalbek of Jalahandra 02279

Jalahandra Warrior 02388

Jalahandra Warrior 02396

Shadow Assassin 02406

Omar Al-Kafour 02433

Urji, Arab Pirate 02439

Jasmin Silverveil 02497

Sallah, Arabian Hero 02447

Almah, Merchant Princess 60052

Genie Binder 60155

Aroudj Firebeard 03241

Cleric of Ishnar, Mercenaries Cleric 14318

Nabin, Desert Ranger 02586

Aziz Al-Jawar 02426

Would also be nice to have some non human races thrown into the mix as well as suitable animals and monsters that fit the setting.  I just have so many medieval Europe fantasy minis that i'm itching for some variety.  Just to make different locations stand out.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, MoonglowMinis said:

Also came here to reiterate this point.  There's already some good choices in the metal catalog that could help populate the numbers.

Norse:

There's several cool viking minis in the metal line already.  Maybe supplement these with a few newer ones.  I'd especially like to see non-human races like orcs, goliath, or firbolg.  There's already plenty of dwarves with a pseudo-norse style.  Plus the longship that @ksbsnowowl mentioned.

Yes, absolutely! And not the cuddly 5e incarnations of Firbolg; I want the 2e and 3e version. Large bearded giants that are bigger and stronger than an ogre. 

(Images aren’t allowed in this thread, but just do a google search for 2nd edition and 3rd edition Firbolgs; aside from being Large giants, they basically just look like burly Viking-esq men wielding two-handed swords. Not the broad-nosed, blue-skinned forest people, barely larger than a human, that 5e has altered them into.)

Maskarr Stoneskin (04011) would make a great Goliath proxy in Bones. 

Also, Reaper has a fairly sizable back-catalog of Celtic warriors in metal. Searching for the “highland” tag brings up several great models. I’d love to see some of these brought to Bones. Highest on that list are: 

Highlanders (3) 03488 (which are 02243, 02242, and 02260)

SHAMUS ROWAN 02241

WILLIAM O'RYAN 02238

SEAN O'RYAN HIGHLAND 02222

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Yes, absolutely! And not the cuddly 5e incarnations of Firbolg; I want the 2e and 3e version. Large bearded giants that are bigger and stronger than an ogre. 

I myself am partial to the 5e creatures though i respect the classic interpretation.  They remind me of a friendly Scandinavian-style Troll-folk.  So maybe both some "Wildfolk" and some oversized Norsemen.  They seem to fill different mythological niches anyways

• Like 3

They did have 3 Wildfolk in Bones 5, but I know it’s always nice to have multiple different class looks for something like that.

The idea to use them as the more friendly Scandinavian trolls is an interesting one. Which brings me to another suggestion for a Norse expansion: Huldr or Huldrefolk.

Huldr usually looked like comely young maidens, often dressed as milk maids, but had some telling inhuman feature if you looked closely. Either a cow or fox tail sticking out from under their skirts, or a back that was hollow, like that of a rotted-out tree trunk.  I’d love to see what Christine van Patten could sculpt toward that concept. @Rainbow Sculptor’s Sirens in Bones 5 were fabulous. 

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 5

In Scandinavian lore, trolls came in all sorts of sizes, depending on location. In Sweden they tended to be small (man-sized and smaller), while in Norway they tended to be depicted as massive giants, sometimes as big as a mountain. 

I could really go for a massive troll, possibly with two heads. D&D Huge sized Fell Troll, for example. On a 3” base, roughly 4”-5” tall. Maybe created with a head option? If the trapezius muscles, clavicles, and head were a separate slotted part, you could have two such head sculpts; one that is a “normal” single head, and one that is two headed. Obviously Reaper has more experience than I in the feasibility of such a concept, but if they could pull that off... I would love it. 

I have not seen The Ritual. It was on my watch list, but I never got around to it. Next time we subscribe to Netflix, though...

• Like 3

You know, one thing that could be pretty cool would be a flying carpet set.

Both a rolled up rug and an open one with a flight stand that's big enough to fit a couple minis on top of it.

• Like 11