Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A full on "Middle East" expansion (as per Dreadmere and the like). With all kinds of monsters from Arabian and Persian mythology and a good range of human figures. There's so much more then just belly

A lady lich, because why not?   Older female mages and some younger male ones, to go against the Gandalf and "hot caster lady" types.   Also here for any and all fey, but especiall

Horse + travel vehicles pulled by horses. Carts, carriages, wagons, etc. 

Posted Images

Going through some lists of stuff that I need, I see some holes in the Bones lineup that honestly I thought were already covered for some reason:

Cockatrice (bigger, non-DND ones, mythological)

Hippogriff nevermind B5 has one! Probably why I thought it was already covered.

Lamassu

I'd also like to suggest a few more gargoyles.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

Going through some lists of stuff that I need, I see some holes in the Bones lineup that honestly I thought were already covered for some reason:

Cockatrice

Hippogriff nevermind B5 has one! Probably why I thought it was already covered.

Lamassu

I'd also like to suggest a few more gargoyles.

bones 5 has cockatrices

• Like 3
1 hour ago, pinkymadigan said:

Okay, I'll edit. I meant mythological cockatrice rather than DND Cockatrice. Those things are tiny.

A big cockatrice would be neat.  Though I don't know if that's anymore accurate than the D&D type.  Mythologically, both Cockatrices and Basilisks were small, as they were likely inspired by the behaviors of spitting cobras.  Is there a legend or story somewhere featuring larger ones?

8 hours ago, MoonglowMinis said:

A big cockatrice would be neat.  Though I don't know if that's anymore accurate than the D&D type.  Mythologically, both Cockatrices and Basilisks were small, as they were likely inspired by the behaviors of spitting cobras.  Is there a legend or story somewhere featuring larger ones?

Huh. I guess Warhammer skewed my impression of cockatrices. They were horse sized in it. 

• Like 1

One thing that I'd like to see are movement trays with sculpted details on the edges. I'd gotten several from GW a while back for an older undead army. I'd love to see some available there. Possibly with the harder bones such as with buildings as something like the old modular ones that GW used to do...

8 hours ago, Brianuk said:

The Beasts of the Wyld pack, maybe remastered but actually the original sculpts are decent. 

I think some redone familiars with the increased detail of Bones Black would be a welcome addition. 

I also love the idea of Orc and goblin pirate types as well. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Adrift said:

I think some redone familiars with the increased detail of Bones Black would be a welcome addition. 

I was about ready to post on here earlier about that. Especially since most of the metal familiar packs never made the jump to bones. Would love some more animal options. Vultures and hyenas spring to mind, but more animals in general. Possibly with more of an epic scale. I know I have a bones lion who is smaller than a bones war dog. If we're going larger-than-life then might as well go big across the board. 

• Like 6

I'd like the fire tribe from the Bones 4 to make the leap to using more medieval fantasy weapons.  I want buff female orcs kicking real butts with non-savage weapons, please (not just the chieftain).  Some greatswords or a greataxe, a pair of kukris.  Make them Xena warrior women of the orcs, and make sure the orc men are rightly afraid to harm them.

• Like 10