Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

ladystorm

Warhammer Proxies

Im not suggesting copy/rip off these sculpts but it would be cool to see what reaper could do with these as inspiration. Most are incredibly expensive or out of production or dont exist yet.

Mourngoul, giant ghosty
Lightning ghiest (lightning monster created when a stormcast eternal's reforging goes badly)
Anvil of apothiosis, Large enough for a figure to lay on top.
Carmine Dragon
Warpfire Dragon
Magma Dragon
merwyrm (amazing looking monster)
chaos dragon
deathroller for bloodbowl
treemen sized for bloodbowl
alternate sculpts for aetherwings

Metal minis i think would be cool in bones black

Reaper minis
ZELDRIIA, ELF SORCERESS
KYRIE, FEMALE BARBARIAN
deena, female barbarian
MARDA OF THE BLADE
ICE QUEEN
JANNA THE WANDERER
TARYN, SPEARMAIDEN
VIKING GIRL
PHARESS, FIRE SORCERESS
Lilaea, Naiad
ALYSCIA OF THE ABYSS
Mastema, Darkspawn Demon
LORELEI, DRYAD
JALINRIX, FEMALE DEVIL
Cleo, Weretigress. (both sculpts, resculpt?)
ALYSCIA OF THE FOREST (DYOM)
ARETHUSA, NEREID
Monique DeNoir
Labith, Female Spider Demon
ARACHNILITH
LADY DEVONA, CRUSADERS MAGE
Amber Dracomancer
angel of radiance
Eilluvasheth, Succubus Queen
Sea Lion
Siobhana Of Weissburg
Angel of Shadow
Children of the Zodiac: Capricorn
Mika, Female Samurai
S'KARA, FEMALE SKOLI WARRIOR
Lady Moray, Bard
CHURRUSINA
DEPORA AZINRAE, DARK ELF
NALANI, DANCING GIRL
DELADRIN, ASSASSIN
DARA, PSIONIC WARRIOR
RASIA, BLADEDANCER
LONNIA, FEMALE DUELIST
ELDESSA, NECROMANCER
TEREZINYA, BONE PANDER WIZARD
FEMALE DARK ELF CLERIC

cav models that could be used in battletech. (units have no bt models or atleast no modern ones)
infantry
motorized infantry
hover infantry
srm/lrm infantry
jump infantry
infantry with cool TAG tripods.
bones weapon sprues that can be used to customize cav models (or any mechs). Lasers, missile launchers, auto cannons, ect. i think the weapon sprues would be easy to sculpt and work with in the bones material and i think would be a big hit with anyone looking to modify their cav or newer plaatic battletech models into different variants.

Edited by SandyBFB
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/31/2021 at 12:24 PM, kristof65 said:

THIS!  So Much This.

And now that we have the B5 siege engines, give us some Anhurian siege engine crews. 

Do it for Chronoscope, too.  There are enough IMEF and NOVA Corp figures to build a respectable skirmish force, or even a small army, but there are so many other nice sculpts in Chronoscope that would be cool to have units of. 

Yeah, I've been converting anhurians with a few fireforge and manticparts along with a few of the reaper stuff (A banner and trumpet) to have a set of 5 Anhurian cavalry...I didn't really like the lances because I can't seem to get them right so I swapped the hand with them for spears from the Fireforge foot sergeants along with one with a sword and some old spears I had from mantic undead that I added to the one with the sword and the banner and musician. The hardest thing to get working right was the swordsman with removing the hilt from the sword sheath the cavalry have.

Another thing that would be great is a few more buildings.

I have the mausoleum, and it's about the same size as the old Tabletop Workshop kits that seem to now be out of print and expensive in the US. A rather simple cottage of about that size in the same material would be a pretty nice piece to have available for gaming.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:24 PM, kristof65 said:

THIS!  So Much This.

And now that we have the B5 siege engines, give us some Anhurian siege engine crews. 

Do it for Chronoscope, too.  There are enough IMEF and NOVA Corp figures to build a respectable skirmish force, or even a small army, but there are so many other nice sculpts in Chronoscope that would be cool to have units of. 

Yeah, I've been converting anhurians with a few fireforge and manticparts along with a few of the reaper stuff (A banner and trumpet) to have a set of 5 Anhurian cavalry...I didn't really like the lances because I can't seem to get them right so I swapped the hand with them for spears from the Fireforge foot sergeants along with one with a sword and some old spears I had from mantic undead that I added to the one with the sword and the banner and musician. The hardest thing to get working right was the swordsman with removing the hilt from the sword sheath the cavalry have.

Another thing that would be great is a few more buildings.

I have the mausoleum, and it's about the same size as the old Tabletop Workshop kits that seem to now be out of print and expensive in the US. A rather simple cottage of about that size in the same material would be a pretty nice piece to have available for gaming.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SandyBFB said:

Anvil of apothiosis, Large enough for a figure to lay on top.

Y'know, I don't know what this is.  Nor should I, really.  I follow very little of GW (mostly the odd Space Marine, Necron, or Genestealer Cult thing).  I'm assuming that the first list is mostly GW-themed based on the few things I recognize.

BUT...

I'm now imagining a dark dwarf encounter set.  A sacrificial altar shaped like an anvil, multiple priests/acolytes holding large spikes, perhaps a Bathalian overseer (or even sacrifice!).  Clearly a situation where PCs would be asking themselves whether or not to interrupt the ceremony or let it happen--knowing that no matter what, the end result would likely be bad for them!

• Like 3

I really liked the Dragonfolk and Catfolk minis out of Bones 5.  I have plenty of options from Reaper for Humans, Elves, and Dwarves, not so much for other races, and those lines really helped out.  I feel like Hellborn are pretty limited right now, so a new grouping of them would be nice.  Would also like to see more Wildfolk.  More Feywild races would be nice too, since that book is coming out and I have had my players express interest with those races.

I have mentioned this before, but I would like to see some more townsfolk other than humans.  There also seems to be a lack of nobility looking non-combat miniatures

• Like 6

21 hours ago, icestormganon said:

I really liked the Dragonfolk and Catfolk minis out of Bones 5.  I have plenty of options from Reaper for Humans, Elves, and Dwarves, not so much for other races, and those lines really helped out.  I feel like Hellborn are pretty limited right now, so a new grouping of them would be nice.  Would also like to see more Wildfolk.  More Feywild races would be nice too, since that book is coming out and I have had my players express interest with those races.

I have mentioned this before, but I would like to see some more townsfolk other than humans.  There also seems to be a lack of nobility looking non-combat miniatures

Absolutely - there wee a couple great nobility-looking non-combat minis in Bones V, would love to see more, plus their servants - butlers, maids, etc. - especially if they were sculpted as a gloomy, creepy, Old Dark House style lot of possible villains for a Gothic horror type of setting - sort of like something from an Edward Gory story.  (I don't know what the butler did this time, but it's probably something awful....)

And do keep the Catfolk, Halflings, Deep Gnomes, and other non-standard adventurers coming, especially some female characters - I'm loving this stuff!  (Non-human townsfolk sound awesome, too, but I'm kind of sounding like a broken record on that.)

I like the sound of the carnival performers mentioned by others.  Weirdly-masked carnival-goers sound like fun for conversion projects, too.  (I'd use them as villains in a gothic-horror themed campaign!)

I think I'm kinda sold on SandyBFB and Strawhat's suggestion - I'm starting to picture this as an evil dwarven cult:  sacrifices to some nameless, faceless Darkreach forge-god on a blood-soaked anvil altar, surrounded by sinister dwarven cultists with mighty hammers, in a scene where cliffhangers ensue....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

A teen slasher movie encounters set

all your stereotypes are here jock nerd promiscuous girl small town cop and final girl

but each one had a second sculp  of them slaughtered except the final girl who has a hero pose

and Of course the masked killer with axe hook clever etc

• Like 2

A set of non-human townsfolk/artisans with props would be great, ex:

Catfolk baker (couple?)

Dwarven potter

Gnomish jewelry maker/goldsmith

Halfling merchant

etc. stablehands, farmers, porters, basket weavers, stonemasons, woodcutters/carpenters, beekeepers, clothiers/tailors, lacemakers, tanner, bookbinder, glassworker, maids, butlers, apothecary, alchemist, miller, shepherd with sheep, surgeon, street performers

And non-human children, perhaps with toys, or teenagers with mock weapons or work gear.

A coach-and-four with driver

A chariot in the Egyptian style and in the Celtic style

A trap with one horse

A horse-drawn sleigh, perhaps a troika

An oxe-drawn cart

A beer wagon

Different types of coach horses: Shire, Hackney, Friesian types, perhaps mules, a pack horse would also be nice

Mounted nobles (men and women, possibly non-humans as well), perhaps in a hunting encounter with hounds and hawks, with elegant light riding horses/palfreys.

I love the hippocampus figurehead, a sea-chariot drawn by hippocampi would be great!

Some fey creatures would be great as well: pixies, brownies, leprechauns, sylphs, nymphs, dryads, a wild hunt set, a fairy dragon, the green man, the fairy king and queen (Titania and Oberon). Perhaps a collab with Brian Froud?

A wild hunt set might actually make a good encounter set ;)

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Lihmeth said:

the fairy king and queen (Titania and Oberon). ...

Yes, please! A Seelie and Unseelie Courts expansion, and some Wild Hunt figures would be amazing. 

I love the design of the 3.5 D&D wild hunt monster entry (master of the hunt & hounds of the hunt), but there are certainly lots of ways one could approach the concept. 

F9AE3829-2895-450D-95BE-F265DBC62DA0.jpeg.45b168e7f6e0374e92ca1c050f09e58a.jpeg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Lihmeth said:

Some fey creatures would be great as well: pixies, brownies, leprechauns, sylphs, nymphs, dryads, a wild hunt set, a fairy dragon, the green man, the fairy king and queen (Titania and Oberon). Perhaps a collab with Brian Froud?

5 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Yes, please! A Seelie and Unseelie Courts expansion, and some Wild Hunt figures would be amazing. 

I love the design of the 3.5 D&D wild hunt monster entry (master of the hunt & hounds of the hunt), but there are certainly lots of ways one could approach the concept.

The old-fashioned Seelie/Unseelie court faeries were like the traditional folklore version of Lovecraftian abominations:  they could look quite a bit like us, but definitely NOT us... they were weird, creepy, unnatural things that played by their own alien rules, rising up from the crumbling burial mounds of the Old Ones to haunt the living at the borderlands between reality and the dreamlands.  Even the "fair" folk of the Seelie court would drag your children away into the fairy world through time and space, and bring them back to you nights later as twisted, wizened changelings, old before their time, and barely familiar to you, while the Unseelie creature were even more terrifying and unpredictable.  Fairy tales were originally ghost stories and weird sci-fi/horror stories, wrapped up in one - the direct ancestors of Gothic and Lovecraftian horror.  If anyone could capture that unearthly weirdness and horror in an expansion set that is full of creatures that are still clearly identifiable as feywild beings like these, I would be all over that.  Take my money, please!  :)

On 8/5/2021 at 1:11 PM, SirShanty said:

A teen slasher movie encounters set

all your stereotypes are here jock nerd promiscuous girl small town cop and final girl

but each one had a second sculp  of them slaughtered except the final girl who has a hero pose

and Of course the masked killer with axe hook clever etc

I've tried to talk Reaper into doing some masked slashers in past Kickstarters, and it's worth trying again, I think - they'd make some great additions to a Chronoscope set,  IHMO.  Those stock victims would, too, and could fit in great alongside the zombie apocalypse survivors that seem to appear in most Chronoscope sets!  If the masked killers were to be done up in costumes etc. that would be suitable for Jazz Age Mythos horror and/or Gothic and Gaslight horror of the sort that would be compatible with the vampire-and-werewolf type elements of stock fantasy, then all the better!  (I think that slashers/bogeymen designed for the Dreadmere setting, in those swampy, rural kind of fantasy costume,s  would actually work pretty well for Gaslight and Jazz Age horror, all the way up to modern horror, actually!)

I'll take the opportunity here as well to try requesting these sorts of guys again, as either Chronoscope or Dreadmere figures (they seem like they'd fit right into the Dreadmere setting!):

• sku: 50317  (Zombie Miners)
  • sku: 50119  (Coot Jenkins, Prospector)
  • sku: 59016  (Crazy Pete, Prospector)

In fact, I'd love to keep seeing more of the Deadlands Noir, Weird West, Mythos, and Savage Lands type Chronoscope characters and monsters!  These never get old for me - I know fantasy minis are Reaper's bread-and-butter, surely I'm not the only one who loves this stuff?

• Like 10

I'm not sure this is the right thread for it, but it was mentioned some time ago that there likely won't be Chronoscope expansions in future Bones kickstarters, because they're always the worst sellers by a large margin.

I think the issue is that they do not feel like a cohesive whole. Look at the one in Bones V: there's one part that's a bunch of pulp/steampunk characters, another part that's redneck zombie horror, and a third that's post-apocalypse scavengers/mutants/robots (plus Dejah Thoris). I might have been interested in one of those thirds, but when 2/3 of the expansion feels irrelevant to me it gets real easy to prioritize buying other things instead. By contrast, something like the Greek Odyssey expansion is more all-or-nothing – either I'll have use of most of it, or none of it.

I think these would have worked better as different mini-expansions, similar to the Yokai of Okura, or the Townsfolk. I would probably have paid $20 or $25 for just the Pulp/Steampunk characters, but $50 for those plus a bunch of minis I'm highly unlikely to use is just too much.

TL;DR: Keep doing Chronoscope minis, but in smaller packages than a full $50-expansion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Here's something I'd rather NOT see: oval/other weird shaped bases. Just keep 'em round, please.

I don't mind if they're odd shaped, as long as they're sized to easily fit into the recess of the 74035 RPG base flipped upside down (for human size figures)

• Like 4