Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

ladystorm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see miniatures for an angry mob. There are some other figure lines that have these, but they are more Victorian era, like the Ravenloft ones. Some medieval generic figures could mix in with later time periods and would have broader appeal. I would like them in bones. so they would be inexpensive and portable. I doubt I would give them more than a basic tabletop paint job.

buckyball

• Like 5

On 11/16/2021 at 8:04 PM, Lidless Eye said:

I'd still like to see the Dreidel Golem transition to Bonesium.

And a Menorah Golem to match.  There's a Frostgrave encounter they'd be perfect for, too

From a while back with SpyCraft 2.0 was rather new, they'd released a series of holiday adventures...one of which included a robot Dreidel

I still remember the first adventure where you end up in Santa's sleigh while idiots in fighters try to shoot it down,

The whole series of adventures seemed to be fueled by hot chocolate laced with LSD...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SotF said:

From a while back with SpyCraft 2.0 was rather new, they'd released a series of holiday adventures...one of which included a robot Dreidel

I still remember the first adventure where you end up in Santa's sleigh while idiots in fighters try to shoot it down,

The whole series of adventures seemed to be fueled by hot chocolate laced with LSD...

I worked several conventions where the Spycraft 2.0 creators were guests and ran the first Living Spycraft 2.0 session with them.

It may not have been hot chocolate laced with LSD but that isn't far off.

18 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I worked several conventions where the Spycraft 2.0 creators were guests and ran the first Living Spycraft 2.0 session with them.

It may not have been hot chocolate laced with LSD but that isn't far off.

My only real disappointment with those adventures was that they were free until Crafty broke off of AEG and then they started charging for them. Crafty was always fun people to talk to

It still bugs me how much disappeared from the AEG boards first when they lost the StarGate license and then with Crafty leaving despite promises there

• Sad 1

I'm just gonna copy-paste this, because I honestly wouldn't care which material I got this in:

Mari Lwyd is all over my Twitter Feed, and I'm about ready to kitbash one.

How'sabout a creepy horse-skull ghostie suspended on a drifting sheet with ears and a wreath of flowers? Somebody's village needs epic rap battles, stat! 

• Like 8

While I like the weapons sprues coming, I'd love to see a somewhat more basic version as well. Such as ones for different weapons types of the same sculpt. So 5 or 10 of the same spear, sword, bow & Quivers...making things great for conversion use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll definitely be scooping up more of the weapons sprues - glad to see them back in print!  🙂

I hope they do well enough that Reaper would be interested in trying other conversion bits - fantasy, modern, steampunk, and sci-fi weapons of various sorts, heads/hats, adventure gear, tools, etc.  I'd love to see all of Reaper's accessories (like familiars and conversion bits) make the transition to Bonesium - maybe even Bones versions of Reaper's sculpting armatures - something tells me that creative sculptors could find amazing uses for those! 

(Sure, some of the familiars made a transition to Bones, but not all, and the ones that did make it to bones, were some of the first Bones figures, and weren't optimized as Bones models, and lacked detail....)

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, YronimosW said:

I'll definitely be scooping up more of the weapons sprues - glad to see them back in print!  🙂

The sprues are not back in print. Reaper is in the middle of a warehouse move right now, and they found a leftover box of sprues from Bones 3.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On the topic of Beasts--how about the Sabertooth tiger, 02480, and the Celestial lion, 14133?

Since Bones is just perfect for making big terrain pieces affordable, I'd like to see it work its magic on 02470, Mummy King on Throne; 02724, Egyptian Sarcophagus; 03514, Exotic Idol; and 03153, his majesty Bongani. 

• Like 4