SO, The Spook started to manifest himself on my work bench on the first of September...or there's about.

He's the tall one off to the right. This is the plumber's epoxy head with bead eyes on the floral wire frame:

DSCN5098.thumb.JPG.c8d27f64488ab88a11658a0481bf8525.JPG

The plumber's epoxy spreads & The Spook starts to form:

DSCN5117.thumb.JPG.0e3cb1838f4279abafa991bde14002cd.JPG

DSCN5118.thumb.JPG.80335ed0f813f791119825510ba19d0b.JPG

DSCN5119.thumb.JPG.0dbdfece0f78315e35386fbc817ee32b.JPG

Slowly he turns green:

DSCN5120.thumb.JPG.aab61307c6a2ea09797cd120fe6f0816.JPG

DSCN5121.thumb.JPG.fa2db4fb87eb30a87db35e87a7ca741e.JPG

DSCN5122.thumb.JPG.e07bce2fd241197e676bd01dc8f1f91d.JPG

DSCN5123.thumb.JPG.caa2795346992866bb61338018a06103.JPG

DSCN5124.thumb.JPG.3f26edabf5fa3851475093a0ef2f4a23.JPG

DSCN5125.thumb.JPG.61d6e84028d8149e3b06b9c8842a1a73.JPG

Next some associates, cronies, & such; a proper setting; AND then a base...although the order may vary as  attention wanders. Being Old offers a stream of excuses for gadding about.

• Like 13

Looks like a variation of "The Scream" by Edvard Munch".  !!!

Great going, can wait to see where this goes.

Jay

• Like 1

How do you do those hands. And textures! What is this witchcraft! Your hand sculpts are a lot more detailed than of quite a few minis that I own. My recently arrived bones 3 Sophie sadly has a bit of blob hand going on...I wish I was good enough at sculpting to replace it. Also love the dotted mushroom cap!

• Like 1

He looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing him after painting and basing, although an alternative to that would be to have him stay green as the Great Jalapenio Spirit, organizer of the Blight's Hot Sauce Festival. "Where mouth melting flavor isn't just a marketing phrase!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Delightfully frightful!  :)

Thanks, Jordan. I am glad you like him...the morale boost is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Jasonator said:

Looks like a variation of "The Scream" by Edvard Munch".  !!!

Great going, can wait to see where this goes.

Jay

...that is one I am familiar with. The Spook's own terror is terrifying.

I am delighted you like him, Jay. I am looking forward to where it winds up myself...love surprises...mostly. Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, Glamberry said:

How do you do those hands. And textures! What is this witchcraft! Your hand sculpts are a lot more detailed than of quite a few minis that I own. My recently arrived bones 3 Sophie sadly has a bit of blob hand going on...I wish I was good enough at sculpting to replace it. Also love the dotted mushroom cap!

...I cheat on the hands & arms. They are G.W. plastic Zombie arms. I am of the opinion that their hands are the most beautifully sculpted. The Crypt Ghouls arms & hands are quite nice also.

You might get a couple of arms that would work from one of the bitz sellers...it is one of the benefits of living in Britain.

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

He looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing him after painting and basing, although an alternative to that would be to have him stay green as the Great Jalapenio Spirit, organizer of the Blight's Hot Sauce Festival. "Where mouth melting flavor isn't just a marketing phrase!"

..the Hot Sauce Festival is an idea, but I thing there might be more grave than gravy in his future.

Thanks for the reply, Lord of the Dish Pit.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

Every time I try to sculpt something more than a rock, the GS sticks to my fingers like glue.

I get my prints all over it and all.

Great work again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Every time I try to sculpt something more than a rock, the GS sticks to my fingers like glue.

I get my prints all over it and all.

Great work again!

...Green Stuff takes some getting used to...moist tools help.

I am happy you like The Spook. Thanks for the reply, Glitter!

• Like 1

Not much was accomplished other than working on possible bases:

DSCN5126.thumb.JPG.89c951a109949ed21384fd967268e4b5.JPGDSCN5127.thumb.JPG.4dc0285864de6b50295bf47e2ac1f1c7.JPG

Making The Spook a permanent fixture on the Cemetery Board is a possibility.

• Like 6

Could be because I work so much on my Lost World, but that top base with the big rock, I see a kind of Dino head in that.

An eye, a big snout, some scales....

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Could be because I work so much on my Lost World, but that top base with the big rock, I see a kind of Dino head in that.

An eye, a big snout, some scales....

...looking at it carefully, it looks like a Muppet-style Beasty.

• Like 2