Citrine

Tropical Sea Dragon (Iron Wind/Ral Partha)

It looks great!  The colors are fabulous and vivid and his eyes and teeth looks sharp. 

Even better is that I think this is the same model that a friend left at our house with a broken wing.  I'd pondered repairing it but I'm pretty sure it's lead and not sure I want to do surgery on it.  Now that I know what it is I could just buy a pewter one and paint it.  ^_^   Thank you so much for sharing!  

• Like 3

Oooh, I love how beautifully bright this turned out! :wub: Do you remember what colors you used on it? 

Fabulous work, and a very clean paint job! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Thanks all!

Pingo, the colors are all Reaper:

Body and wings:

09419 Tropical Blue

09304 Copper Verdigris

09280 Nightmare Black

29920 Gem Purple

09024 Amethyst Purple

09264 Light Blue

Plus white

Belly

09303 NMM Gold Highlights

29826 Desert Tan

There might have been some others, but these where the primary ones, if I remember right.

• Like 3

That is a GORGEOUS creation. The colors are WONDERFULLY stunning, vibrant & alive. Your brushwork is OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TripleH
      Looking for suggestion on which of the Bones dragons would be a decent match for the Pathfinder Cloud Dragon for use in the next book of the Giantslayer campaign that I'm currently running. I have maybe a month or two before they encounter this bad beast.  He is considered an Adult dragon, size: Huge.

• By Maledrakh
      The chibi smallworld minis are all based on existing normal minis in the Reaper lines. I recognized five of them from the minis I have from earlier Bones kickstarters, but not Arnise the female barbarian elf that I painted the other day.
      The reason being that the original was included in the Bones 4 core set. An older metal mini being redone into Bones material it seems.

So I painted her in a similar scheme.

The metal version is called Arnise, Elven Sergeant from the Warlord line, and represents the Sergeant of Almirithil's frenzied half-elven berserkers in the Warlord lore.

Why hello there, you remind me of someone I once knew...

B4Core #95 Arnise, Elven Barbarian 
      from the Female Fighters subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Werner Klocke
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      Plonking away a the Bones 4 core set, this is number 5:

I am not a number! I am a free man!

The metal version of this is called Ankoa, Barbarian Hero.

He has a really small head compared to most of the other minis. I expect he is not too bright. Probably not destined to bear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow.

There's a new playah in town! Come get some!

B4Core #5 Barbarian
      from the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm base

• By Maledrakh
      AUGH! The Great Pumpkin Came!

This was my entry in a painting league at another  miniatures forum.

In reference to the longstanding Peanuts theme of Linus sitting alone in the Pumpkin Patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin to come bringing gifts, Santa Claus-style.

It's a pity for him that Halloween is all about the scary...and the Great Pumpkin probably is not a very nice being.

The miniatures are all by Reaper, the fences are from Mantic's Kings of War Vanguard terrain. I found the simplicity of the fences really helped to sell the story here. As one of the commenters in the LPL-post stated: "Less is more".

Lots more pics, but yah gotsa clicks!

• By Mckenna35
      Finally finished something for myself - woohoo! One of the set of Rocky baby dragons from Bones IV.  Went with a red scheme on this one.  Not going to win any awards with all the mold lines I missed!  Was supposed to be a quick speed paint, and yeah, that didn't happen.  Anyway, though he turned out pretty good, although the pictures don't show the highlights on the red.  Tried three different set-ups and still looks flat here.    Ah well.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 280 Guests (See full list)