"The 'Bot Shop" Bombshell Miniatures Diorama

SGHawkins09

1 hour ago, robinh said:

I think hand written (not neatly) would fit the scene better.

I am thinking the exact same thing. I was hoping the brass etch would world but it just was not doing it for me.

58 minutes ago, Wyvernfire said:

Maybe have the sign look more beat up? Like one of the letters missing or a couple askew or hanging off.

Edit: or have a missing letter painted  in like she couldn't find a letter and hasn't had time to make one.

It is definitely going to get beat up. Unfortunately doing something with the letters is near impossible as they are actually beads and the rods are threaded through the holes. I still might be able to do some thing like remove part of a letter making it look like a piece broke off. I will brainstorm this some more.

51 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I like it!!

The sign (or letters) looking beat up, rusted up, and hanging askew would look great IMO as well. 

Awesome! Yeah, everything on this thing is going to be fairly beat up and rusty. This was a result of Bombshell announcing the Maelee and bot combo deal right when I was playing Fallout 4 so old and weathered is a guarantee.

Edited by SGHawkins09
  • Like 10

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come I didn't notice that? Whoa. That is absolutely great! I mean - I've played so much NieR Automata and similar games that I totally recognize the whole setting. Especially the robots are great. I mean:

IMG_3437.JPG

That alone will give the whole scene a totally melancholic touch. Like an aura. I am SOOOO excited to see it finished.

And from my point of view, you totally need one or two humanlike androids standing in front of the whole shop looking for some maintenace. Like in a computer game or so.

You would make me scream like a fanboy with that.

On 8.9.2017 at 3:58 AM, ub3r_n3rd said:

I like it!!

The sign (or letters) looking beat up, rusted up, and hanging askew would look great IMO as well. 

I totally agree. I mean it could be that she somehow took the letters from different spaces and put them together. So that would fit perfectly.

Maybe a handwritten price list?

Edited by Knochensack
  • Like 6

Thanks! Hopefully I can fulfill your expectations. Having a couple androids in front is a great idea unfortunately there might not be enough room. I do plan on having the one that is sitting down in front against the corner and his arm is currently on the workbench. I like the price list idea, I will try to put something together.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Thanks! Hopefully I can fulfill your expectations. Having a couple androids in front is a great idea unfortunately there might not be enough room. I do plan on having the one that is sitting down in front against the corner and his arm is currently on the workbench. I like the price list idea, I will try to put something together.

I too hope so. Otherwise I would be very sad and cry and so on. Then again. That is your project, not mine and considering your previous works I am sure it will be great. 

Too bad the android idea won't work. Having a beautiful android and her ridiculously oversized sword checking the prices would make that scene legendary. But I am sure even without it that whole thing will be legendary ::D:

Edited by Knochensack
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Knochensack said:

I too hope so. Otherwise I would be very sad and cry and so on. Then again. That is your project, not mine and considering your previous works I am sure it will be great. 

Too bad the android idea won't work. Having a beautiful android and her ridiculously oversized sword checking the prices would make that scene legendary. But I am sure even without it that whole thing will be legendary ::D:

I wish the android worked too as Bombshell does have a perfect one and it would fit perfectly with what I pictured for the scene. Basically Maelee standing in front, maybe like she is greeting a customer, while there is bots doing different things all around her. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SGHawkins09 said:

I wish the android worked too as Bombshell does have a perfect one and it would fit perfectly with what I pictured for the scene. Basically Maelee standing in front, maybe like she is greeting a customer, while there is bots doing different things all around her. 

Well I already have got my impression how it should look. We'll see how close it comes to what you imagined

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

My robot feelings for this female mechanic have been triggered. She just acquired my energy source.

In short: I love her. She just took my heart away.

Great work!

23 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Looking really good! :wub:

:blush: Thanks

So I made a rash decision and did something insane to the base. Insane as in major remodeling two weeks before the contest. :blink: So here are some progress pics, let's see how many pictures it takes to see the change. ::D:

First off I base coated the bricks and started on the dirt.

IMG_3510.thumb.JPG.79f5698e07ff62aa72e7d8ab33c3a961.JPG

See the major change yet? Nope, ok moving on.

Playing off the whitewashed brick idea, I ended up with this. Still need some tweaking but I like it, how about you?

IMG_3512.thumb.JPG.6e33edc5648fdc85a0b0f8729070f874.JPG

Hm, I think I see something different in that pic, do you see it?

. . .

OMG it's a window! :lol:::P:

IMG_3514.thumb.JPG.4a27be121f46ae1509eedbcf3fe4c12f.JPG

So I had planned on a window from the start but when I got to building, the wall seemed too small to support one like I wanted so I left it out. As the project progressed though it felt more and more enclosed and dark. It really hit home when I tested Maelee in it tonight to see how she looked. So before I could over think it I removed the support bar, cut out the top part of the side wall, added the support bar back plus a second at the top, and added some corrugated siding to give the top some interest. It turned out better than I hoped and I am very happy with it. It lets in more light and allows you to see more of the interior.

What do you think?

• Like 19

I love the soft magenta of her top, really great color. And her face is lovely.

Well done on the window--it was actually going to be one of my comments that the interior looked too dark. The window should solve the problem nicely. And I really dig the rusty roof, this will be a handsome shack once done!

Looking forward to seeing more. I have my own Maelee dio to paint one day (the ltd edition KS Maelee fighting off a robot horde), so I'll watch how all this turns out with interest!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I love the soft magenta of her top, really great color. And her face is lovely.

Well done on the window--it was actually going to be one of my comments that the interior looked too dark. The window should solve the problem nicely. And I really dig the rusty roof, this will be a handsome shack once done!

Looking forward to seeing more. I have my own Maelee dio to paint one day (the ltd edition KS Maelee fighting off a robot horde), so I'll watch how all this turns out with interest!

Thanks! It has been fun putting it together, hopefully the window works as planned.

• Like 1

I like the new shop.   

Looking at the walls the crumbling plaster look is perfect.

The new window means we will see more of the interior and thus more stuff within the shop which can only lead to more eye candy for your loving fans! :wub:

• Like 3