"The 'Bot Shop" Bombshell Miniatures Diorama

SGHawkins09

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Love it!! I also really like all the tiny details and easter eggs you've put all over the piece. I'm big on those attention to detail and helping to tell the story. Very very well done!!!

Thanks! I love doing the little details. So a few you can’t see in the pictures are: robot blue prints above the workbench; the blue bot is carrying a bottle; and the arm of the sitting bot is on the workbench. 

• Like 2

Just now, SGHawkins09 said:

Thanks! I love doing the little details. So a few you can’t see in the pictures are: robot blue prints above the workbench; the blue bot is carrying a bottle; and the arm of the sitting bot is on the workbench. 

Honestly, I think you stand a real good chance at a Maelee award with this piece. Not just saying that, it's really that good!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Honestly, I think you stand a real good chance at a Maelee award with this piece. Not just saying that, it's really that good!

Thanks! :blush: It would be awesome if I did but I did not do it to go after an award. I just thought it was a fun idea and a great homage to Fallout. It was one of those ideas that pop into your head, that you can’t get rid of until you let the creativity flow. That was my goal this year, ignore the manufacturer awards and just paint fun stuff that inspires me. If it qualifies for one great, if not that’s great too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Thanks! :blush: It would be awesome if I did but I did not do it to go after an award. I just thought it was a fun idea and a great homage to Fallout. It was one of those ideas that pop into your head, that you can’t get rid of until you let the creativity flow. That was my goal this year, ignore the manufacturer awards and just paint fun stuff that inspires me. If it qualifies for one great, if not that’s great too.

I know exactly how you feel. Love to create and let the story unfold and tell itself. You're a great artist, keep on creating awesome stuff!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 5:35 AM, skippen said:

What's the room made from?

Sorry for not answering sooner, this thread got buried so I did not see it until now. The walls are styrene with balsa wood supports. The bricks are plaster and we’re made using a mold that I bought.