Sign in to follow this  
SGHawkins09

"Stop Thief!" Mousling Diorama

This is my planned Mousling diorama for ReaperCon. The idea start forming at last year's con and evolved into this: two Mousling thieves getting caught robbing a Mousling wizard. The base is built and it and the Mouslings are primed. That is all that is done for now so lots of painting remains as well as adding in details. I am really excited for this one and everything that I have planned.

IMG_3440.thumb.JPG.946ac189e4303619ffd70a259d22109b.JPG

IMG_3441.thumb.JPG.e707fee1d4929afda345a764bb7ce520.JPG

• Like 17

Mouslings are for me personally, at least not painting them.  I love to see them painted though and think they are super cute.  I think I am mostly intimidated by how small they are.

I am super looking forward to see your work on this!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cool idea!

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Fantastic! I look forward to seeing your progress ^_^

Thanks!

3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Mouslings are for me personally, at least not painting them.  I love to see them painted though and think they are super cute.  I think I am mostly intimidated by how small they are.

I am super looking forward to see your work on this!

I was a little intimated by the size as well when I painted my first one but it was a lot easier than I had imagined. Now I love painting them.

• Like 3

"Curse you, thieves! If I ever get you, you will regret what you did!"

"Cut it off, Grandpa. We're out of here."

This could so absoluetly be a scene from Critical Role. Haha. I love it. Great work so far!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

"Curse you, thieves! If I ever get you, you will regret what you did!"

"Cut it off, Grandpa. We're out of here."

This could so absoluetly be a scene from Critical Role. Haha. I love it. Great work so far!

:lol: yep that is definitely the type of scene I am after.

4 hours ago, rfusca said:

Love the blending on the robe and the freehanded stars.  Superb job.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Well that was tedious but worth it. The painting of the base is done. I sponged the stone color and did some washes on the walls. The wood was just some lines that I wet blended followed by some washes The tedious part was under lining every single stone and then highlighting them. There is a reason for the dark square but that is a surprise for later.

IMG_3519.thumb.JPG.f062d7a42ce0eb2b73bccd96108c3715.JPGIMG_3523.thumb.JPG.093f54dbbd54d4ce021de95b23e68521.JPG

• Like 19