Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I had a burst of mini painting and finished a bunch of minis this month - my first time painting I think since December 2020?
Crystal Peaks Campsite
Bones Pygmy Mammoth (WIP) with toddler
Nolzurs Treant (WIP)
Bones graveyard terrain (WIP)
Bones High Rollers (WIP)
Not all of these have been sealed, some have not had matte coats yet.
The "fire" from the Crystal Peaks set got lost during priming.
Links to come when not in my phone. Surprised myself with this.
Two dragons from 2 different times, done with the same colors. Basically I had both of these on the table and I decided to just use the same palette for both
First up: the Panther dragon from Ral Partha. This guy is a long snakey one, his tail was very difficult to get to but overall fun to paint. This mini just seems to ooze stealth as she slips round alleys and empty streets making people disappear. This miniature has been sitting on my shelf for decades because I liked the art and the figure but I just didn't know what to do with it. I finally just broke down and said I am going to paint this!
Then on the flip side is the Treasure Rocky. This little tyke has acquired his first hoard and he is insanely protective and proud.
And he should be. I was looking at the reaper store and he and most of his pals are sold out, again! These are just a joy to paint and I
love painting them. they are just so entertaining and so full of character that no matter what color you add to them or what you put them in
they have to shine!
Hope you enjoy them!
This is the Hill Giant from 77939. I have not finished the cat yet, so I only have the Giant here. I have been trying to add various colors (layers of color for one area/color) to my minis to make them more interesting. Following some of the painters here and other utubers and painters like Angel G. I used an Imperial Purple base for this entire mini and then did Troll Flesh as next base for skin and then built up reddish skin tones for skin and then went lighter tan. Hope you enjoy, I had fun painting him.
I realize it's not the weekend, but the week was quite busy and I'm happy to have got any of this done at all.
This little wizard's focus for me was going to be brighter colors and trying to do skin and hair better. I think it came out pretty well.
* The base color of red tone and highlighting upward to flesh tone seems to be a good mix.
* Keeping to adjacent colors on the color wheel made for a pleasing, eye-catching combo. I have to say using the reds, oranges, and browns was pretty fun.
* I did as much highlighting and avoiding washes as I could. This has been my practice over the last number of models I've done. I don't get how the videos show people just splashing it on for amazing results. I don't get it, can't seem to do it the same, so I resort to taking more time on starting dark and going light. Much like Dr. Faust's painting videos. I've learned much from watching him.
* Mixing paints is getting better. I used like colors to lighten and highlight and I'm getting a better balance and understanding of how they may look really different wet, but getting to know how they dry and differs greatly.
* The eyes worked better going in order of black first, white second, black third. I was doing a white, black, white and it made the eyes look weird. @Inarah pushed me to try something different and it's been working better.
* The brown hair with little highlights came out good and I'm trying to be very light in my touch to get subtle look versus stark. Win!
* The staff is okay. I tried to give it like some kind of weathered look or cool effect at the end, but it just didn't sing like I had hoped.
* On the back of his cape, there's a part that I tried shading inf that just didn't look believable to the eye. I tried to hit it a few times to catch the light and how to lighten the edgest, but it was lost on me. Fail.
*The skin on his hand held out has a funny look to it up close. I tried to bring out some of pads of his fingers and palm, but it doesn't look as good as I had hoped.
Overall it's another win, and I'm happy with the results.
Who's Online 14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)