Sign in to follow this  
etherial

Black Powder Weapon Sprues

Anyone got a line on black powder weapon sprues? The skirmish game I play recently added pistols, calivers, and blunderbi to the equipment catalog and I'd like to price out keeping it WYSIWYG. Also, wow, I was not expecting blunderbi to be in the dictionary...

3 minutes ago, etherial said:

Anyone got a line on black powder weapon sprues? The skirmish game I play recently added pistols, calivers, and blunderbi to the equipment catalog and I'd like to price out keeping it WYSIWYG. Also, wow, I was not expecting blunderbi to be in the dictionary...

Most dictionaries (including the print version of the Compact OED) list only "blunderbusses" as the plural, but there's a Google Books citation from a book printed in 1865 for "blunderbi". That citation might have been intended to be tongue-in-cheek, btw.

So I'd say it's not exactly "right", but it's not really "wrong" either. 

It sort of lives in the space between words. One might almost say it's "etherial".

:B):

• Like 1

The first thing that came to mind was the Mordheim accessory sprue. It had a musket and blunderbuss. But they are kind of rare and expensive now. You could take a look at Warlord Games because they have a ton of things from 15th century up to modern. Not sure if there are any weapons only sprues though.

• Like 1

Searching GW Dwarf bits on eBay might be one source.  I know some of those troops types carry black powder weapons.   (Some of the Empire troops had black powder weapons too I believe)

Other than that searching eBay for bits from the various English Civil War and Marlburian plastic sets currently on the market from folks like Warlord, like Zink suggested.  

Edited by Chris Palmer

I might have a spare musket or blunderbuss from Mordheim if that's all you want. I don't think I have any spares from the Empire handgunners.

I asked for these in the Bones You Like to See Thread. Could use them myself.

There are a few handguns in the Razig Sprue form Reaper

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/weapon/sku-down/14472

Anyway, a bit pricey, but Freebooter has some sets, one Pirate Weapons and One Imperial Navy Weapons.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41Mk86a1QUL.jpg

http://miniset.net/files/set/fbm-zub011.jpeg

Warlord games has a couple. The English civil war Cavalry Sprue has pistols. The Infantry Sprue has Muskets. The Command Sprue has Pistols as well. They are all available as individual sprues on the website... Twice a year they have 50% off on Sprues... Shipping in free over a certain amount. I would post pics but I did once before and the post was deleted... So if you google the company name and sprue name you can see the pics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Warlord games has a couple. The English civil war Cavalry Sprue has pistols. The Infantry Sprue has Muskets. The Command Sprue has Pistols as well. They are all available as individual sprues on the website... Twice a year they have 50% off on Sprues... Shipping in free over a certain amount. I would post pics but I did once before and the post was deleted... So if you google the company name and sprue name you can see the pics.

Great!

Pics are fine as long as they're not commercial links to the store.

Looks like Alternative Armies has a couple sprues as well. I should probably have pointed out that this is for a not-actually-Historical game, but y'all have thrown plenty of fantasy options at me.

bs20_slide_600pix.jpg

bs005_1enws.jpg?v=1401975458bs004_1enws.jpg?v=1401975401bs006_1enws.jpg?v=1401975540

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great!

Pics are fine as long as they're not commercial links to the store.

Ok, here they are then. I didn't point a commercial link last time either. In fact I saved the pictures and edited the company name out... The First is the cavalry sprue. This is my favorite for conversions. The Sabers make great rapiers and the pistols are nice.

1.png

3.png

2.png

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 3