Jump to content

VolksFest

My First Diorama - "Occupational Health and Safety" (with 03122, 77143, 77017)

Recommended Posts

SURPRISE! That is a SPLENDID narrative creation. The composition & the positioning make the piece. Your basing & brushwork are TERRIFIC. I love the way his face appears to be illuminated by the lantern. VERY NICELY DONE!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the encouragement. There are indeed a ton of things I would have done differently such as the OSL but well time to move on.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Skrill
      This project was initiated by a little failed experiment with 2 parts epoxy resin (for water effect) that snowballed into a completely unrelated diorama. 
      I put a kelpie in a clear tube and poured epoxy resin on it. There were too many bubbles in it. But this reminded me of the round aquariums so often pictured in mad scientists’ lab.
      The closest mini for scientists I had, were 2 chronoscope Bones. The furniture and decor is a mix of handmade (foam, clay, random recycling), Boardgame spare pieces (Dungeon Saga) and Bones. 
       
      C&C welcome. 





    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all! This year, I'm taking part in as many parts of ReaperCon's MSPOpen that I can while still narrowly holding on to my sanity. The first of these is a small diorama, (my first ever,) for Bombshell Miniatures.
       
      Since this is my first, I've decided to go with a relatively simple story: While venturing along an escarpment, a heavy-armored priestess is waylaid by a spinning, blade wielding half-orc. I began by cutting some foam to build up the earth behind the cliff face, and then used some plaster molds to cast the face and the large rock buried in the ground. Next, I covered everything with Vallejo's White Pumice and Wet Ground pastes, and then added additional stones. Once this was dry, I primed the whole thing in white.
       
      Once the primer was dry, I used a mix of Reaper acrylics and GW washes to paint the base. I didn't go overboard on the dirt, since most of it will be covered by grass and other detritus. For the stone, I made sure to use a healthy mix of greys, greens, oranges, browns, purples. I then lightly dry brushed the stone in sandy tan and again in tan closer to white. Once the paint was dry, I sealed the base in anticipation of the next phase.
       
       



    • By Paradoxical Mouse
      I've decided I need to get better about finishing things. And at speed painting. 
       
      So. Enter my May painting challenge. For every day in May, I am going to paint a townsfolk mini from Bones 4 from start to finish. These minis will be painted to at least a tabletop+ standard but getting to a display standard is the goal.
       
      I only have 28 minis I count as townsfolk from Bones 4,  though...which means the last 3 will be adventurers (1 of which is not Bones 4) for my players and my Starfinder character.
       
      And so, we begin with day 1.
      Today's mini is:

      The milk maid! I really wish Bones 4 minis photographed as good as they look.
       
      Here I go!
    • By HolkDiggity
      Fun with OSL! I normally don't take dark photos because I like to see the work, and sometimes dark photos just look like a blob of color to me. I wanted to included them here, though, because when lit like this, you can really see the contrast that I tried to convey in this model. I've been working on all kinds of stuff lately, and contrast is the glue that binds all of those skills together.
       
       




  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

×