Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Enjoyed painting this iron golem from Bones 3. Just used basic drybrushing and washes, then added some 5mm foam (squashed a bit) to the base to carry on the flagstone effect that the model already has. I didn't go mad blending in the original and new material, just wanted to show it as cracks in a stone floor.
By Paradoxical Mouse
I've decided I need to get better about finishing things. And at speed painting.
So. Enter my May painting challenge. For every day in May, I am going to paint a townsfolk mini from Bones 4 from start to finish. These minis will be painted to at least a tabletop+ standard but getting to a display standard is the goal.
I only have 28 minis I count as townsfolk from Bones 4, though...which means the last 3 will be adventurers (1 of which is not Bones 4) for my players and my Starfinder character.
And so, we begin with day 1.
Today's mini is:
The milk maid! I really wish Bones 4 minis photographed as good as they look.
Here I go!
Somehow I ended up with 2 sets of 03793: Townsfolk of Dreadmere: Mercenaries (3) by Bob Ridolfi, and another on the way with Bones 4. Figured these 3 (x2) would be a good set to start the year with.
After a good wash and scrub, they were glued onto the last of my round Reaper bases (really like this style base) and proceed with Reaper brush on white primer. I then used Tanned Shadow and Ruddy Flesh for their faces and hands.
Then used a variety of browns plus muddy Olive and burgundy wine, Black and linen white...
Purple guy thinks he's extra fancy
One of these two has their beanie baby collection in their satchel.
Mr Jedi with an ax to grind amuses me.
More to come!
Who's Online 24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)