Sign in to follow this  
CashWiley

Zombicide Season 1 Walker

Love it Cash! He looks nice and grimy, the shadows are really nice. The detail work around his tie is well done.

• Like 2

You're too harsh on yourself.

This one looks great and many people would give their neighbour's right arm to be able to paint like that!

( Note: offering a neighbour's right arm will prevent losing yours, you need it to paint, right?)

• Like 3

Well, it looks like you used water based acrylic mini paint, and not oil or graphite!

So, it seems you retained your skill set!

Nice result for shaking off the rust.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

You're too harsh on yourself.

This one looks great and many people would give their neighbour's right arm to be able to paint like that!

( Note: offering a neighbour's right arm will prevent losing yours, you need it to paint, right?)

A detachable zombie arm perhaps?

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone. The toughest part about painting with acrylics is the blending. So simply and lovely with oils :)

It was a decent project for reacquainting with the medium. While having the wrong paper on the palette meant I couldn't do much for mixing blends, I was able to cobble together a couple and kinda remember how it goes. And the pants were an exercise in saving an utter mess. I had been sticking to a somewhat limited palette of undead skin and blood triads (red/green), the undead highlight is heavily white and this went chalky and pastel really quickly. So I started glazing over, which gave him pink pants. I pulled out sepia wash because it was on the desk (the KS3 paint set), which skewed it too yellow. I was shooting down the middle for a brown (which is an orange), so I went back and forth until the stark highlights had been dialed down and fixed for hue. Then I (lazily) added black to add depth back to the shadows.

I painted the flesh with the dark red before going into undead skin, mixing the red in a bit as I went.

I'm a bit better about controlling colors, but it's tough when you don't see the constituent elements of the paint, and I'm really not too focused on color theory at this point (I work mostly in graphite and charcoal). I've just cobbled a few things together in portrait class. Once I get serious and learn Munsell bracketing, dialing in the colors should be a lot easier.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this