Jump to content
  • Optionally enter a message with your report.

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Citrine
      So I have started prepping this baby for painting:

       
      And I am disappointed with the quality,  the mold lines are sooo bad,  and the vents are right in the middle of details, and some places the vents were cut in such a way that adjacent details were lost. 
       
      Just a few of the many pieces, black knife for scale.

       
      Nasty mold line, with my first pass at it

       
      Vents in detail, there were worse ones that I already mostly fixed on another piece:

       
      For as much as this thing cost, even at Kickstarter pricing, I guess I expected better. 
    • By Echoside_
      The challenge complete!  I present Kai, the Strawberry Dragon!
       

       
      Thank you all for the challenge and the feedback!
    • By Echoside_
      I, Echoside, will be undergoing this awesome challenge as my Dragon and paints have arrived from Denton.  
       
      I have chosen the victim of Kyphrixis, The Copper Dragon for this 3-star challenge.  Will be using green and red liner to prime.
       
      My rolls:

       
      So after his bath, it was picture time!
       

       
      I think he will end up being a Strawberry Dragon! 
      First off, I sorry for the Cut/Paste first post, but it was fitting.
       
      Secondly, Kai (the moniker I've given to him) got himself primed up and ready for more layers while out at a miniature painting event at a local gaming store.  Such a splendid way to start the challenge. 
       
      I bathed the base unit in Sepia Liner, as I don't believe the base was to be done strictly in the color scheme of the dragons.  Kai himself was bathed in the Red liner, which is very purple if you ask my eyes.   The wing membranes were done in the Green Liner.  I'm hoping for some interesting undershading effects once the 3 primary colors start to roll on.  
       
      I've blocked out in my head what scales are going to be which shades and such, I'm just hoping I have the skills to bring whats in my head out on the dragon himself.  But without further ado, picture time!
       


    • By MissNiki
      This is my first post here!  I have been encouraged for a while to join the forums and share some of the mini's that I have painted. I have been painting for many years dabbling in many styles and mediums. I've gotten more serious about my mini work the last couple years though. 
      I was hesitant to share my work, but figured, "What the heck! Why not!"
       
      I decided to start with this model as it is one of my favorites to paint and I just love glitter, man! 
      I painted this up for my first con last fall and it was actually purchased by my bestie,  he then requested I add the glitter (to match another halfling mini I did for him.) 
      This is now his alternate ego character (he is the DM lol), which in his campaign ge had only revealed himself to be a helpful travelling halfling wizard until this guy was done. Then it was revealed he was a celestial dragon all along and the main adversary...or something like that lol! 
       
      Please be honest and feel free to C&C! Ultimately I know the owner loves it, but I would love to see what others think!! 
      And thanks for welcoming me into this community!
      Oh, and as I am sure you guessed, I did get the Bones 3 Kickstarter so, please feel free to request I share any other minis I might have painted already or will paint :) 













  • Who's Online   31 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...