• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Echoside_
      The challenge complete!  I present Kai, the Strawberry Dragon!

Thank you all for the challenge and the feedback!
    • By Echoside_
      I, Echoside, will be undergoing this awesome challenge as my Dragon and paints have arrived from Denton.  

I have chosen the victim of Kyphrixis, The Copper Dragon for this 3-star challenge.  Will be using green and red liner to prime.

My rolls:

So after his bath, it was picture time!

I think he will end up being a Strawberry Dragon! 
      First off, I sorry for the Cut/Paste first post, but it was fitting.

Secondly, Kai (the moniker I've given to him) got himself primed up and ready for more layers while out at a miniature painting event at a local gaming store.  Such a splendid way to start the challenge. 

I bathed the base unit in Sepia Liner, as I don't believe the base was to be done strictly in the color scheme of the dragons.  Kai himself was bathed in the Red liner, which is very purple if you ask my eyes.   The wing membranes were done in the Green Liner.  I'm hoping for some interesting undershading effects once the 3 primary colors start to roll on.  

I've blocked out in my head what scales are going to be which shades and such, I'm just hoping I have the skills to bring whats in my head out on the dragon himself.  But without further ado, picture time!

• By MissNiki
      This is my first post here!  I have been encouraged for a while to join the forums and share some of the mini's that I have painted. I have been painting for many years dabbling in many styles and mediums. I've gotten more serious about my mini work the last couple years though. 
      I was hesitant to share my work, but figured, "What the heck! Why not!"

I decided to start with this model as it is one of my favorites to paint and I just love glitter, man! 
      I painted this up for my first con last fall and it was actually purchased by my bestie,  he then requested I add the glitter (to match another halfling mini I did for him.) 
      This is now his alternate ego character (he is the DM lol), which in his campaign ge had only revealed himself to be a helpful travelling halfling wizard until this guy was done. Then it was revealed he was a celestial dragon all along and the main adversary...or something like that lol! 

Please be honest and feel free to C&C! Ultimately I know the owner loves it, but I would love to see what others think!! 
      And thanks for welcoming me into this community!
      Oh, and as I am sure you guessed, I did get the Bones 3 Kickstarter so, please feel free to request I share any other minis I might have painted already or will paint :) 

• By jtkimmel
      I finished this up right at Christmas to give to a friend as a gift. This is the first dragon I've ever painted (though I have been painting historical stuff for many, many years). It was certainly a learning experience, painting a dragon is not like painting a WW2 tank, and if I had been smart I would have done one for myself first as a test but time was of the essence and I was glad I finished it in time.

I picked purple because its one of my friend's favorite colors, and was pleased to find there are actually purple dragons in fantasy, called Deep Dragons. I bought the Royal Purples triad from Reaper and used Imperial Purple as the main color and shaded and highlighted the scales with the Nightshade and Amethyst purples. The crest was painted with Coal Black from the holiday set before highlighting with the purples. The chest was a mix of Amethyst and Imperial purple. I added the blue gems on the chest late after seeing some other examples of Kyphrixis on these forums that had the gems painted.

The wings in the photos are the third attempt at painting them, the first two versions I did not like. The first try was the base purple with a mottling of ivory. I was hoping to get a translucent look but it didn't work. Then I painted them Terran Khaki with the Ivory mottling to get a parchment look but that didn't look right either. I was going to repaint them in the base colors but wondered what they would like if I just covered the Khaki/Ivory with Army Painter Purple Tone. Two coats of the Purple Tone and I liked how it looked. I spray dullcoated him but the wings still have a bit a sheen from the Purple Tone.

The rock base was painted charcoal then drybrushed with various greys and tans and the wood base is something I picked up at the craft store which was stained and varnished before the plastic base was glued on.

I definitely learned a lot painting him and look forward to painting the rest of the dragons I got in Bones 3.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)