Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

New Movie with Baba Yaga and Her Hut

Ok, just came across this bizarre trailer on Youtube of  Russian Fantasy Movie produced by Disney.  I think it's a real thing, at least according to this Hollywood reporter article:   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-russia-local-language-movies-885954

Anyway if you want to see Baba Yaga in her flying mortar, plus a great shot of her hut running, check it out... 

• Like 16

Aww yeah!  I'm a fan of Ivan Bilibin's illustrations, and I've read up on a number of Russian and Slavic fairy tales -- particularly for my Khador-focused "Iron Kingdoms" campaign.  I wish for at least cameo appearances by the Grey Wolf, the Fire Bird, and Baba Yaga's Three Horsemen.  (Maybe even a Rusalka?)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Ok, just came across this bizarre trailer on Youtube of  Russian Fantasy Movie produced by Disney.  I think it's a real thing, at least according to this Hollywood reporter article:   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-russia-local-language-movies-885954

Anyway if you want to see Baba Yaga in her flying mortar, plus a great shot of her hut running, check it out... 

Definitely going to watch this!!

• Like 3

Ok, not crazy about the Disney connection but this is on my watch list. Like me some russki skazki. We've already got a collection of films and cartoons from soviet stuff to current. If this doesn't totally suck it'll fit in.

• Like 1

When I looked up this film it mentioned an older one by Disney called Kniga Masterov (book of masters). I found it online and me and the wife watched some of it tonight. It's kind of interesting in style. Part of it almost feels like LOTR and part of it is like a soviet film from the 70s. It's based on a fairy tale called The Stone Flower. I have an old version of that story on DVD but it doesn't work so I've never seen the whole thing. The drawback of buying dvds with dozens of movies on them back when I was tramping around Russia.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2017 at 3:36 PM, Sylverthorne said:

... I feel like I need to see this movie. Preferably with subtitles, but I'm not picky.

I'm exactly the same. 

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this