Quest accepted! Kate has joined the Rainbow Dragon Challenge.

Kate

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

No imperial purple or marine teal as primary colors yet that I recall though. 

My primary is Imperial Purple, so I'm looking forward to it as I've come to love purple. :wub:

Kate, I'm loving your colors and readily admit to being a bit jealous!  Can't wait to see your painting on him!

• Like 2

I love marine teal but I think earth brown is my least favorite brown of all of them. After painting many CAV for my husband I am beginning to dislike Terran Khaki and Rach Red though. I got some painting in this weekend but have not had a chance to get on the computer until today.

I mixed the earthbrown with black and a drop of teal for the basecoat.

59c2c4f193039_rainbowchallengeearthbrownbasecoat.JPG.70ea48c5f67ad9261e29b87d8a03e89f.JPG

Then I mixed the marine teal with black for the basecoat on the wings. I don't think I have a picture of that. Next I did a layer of the straight color and used brilliant green for the eyes and wing edges.

59c2c62f47a9d_rainbowchallengebasecoat2.JPG.24faee451a2145d9fbb66c03ee422150.JPG59c2c62fa5509_rainbowchallengebasecoat.JPG.509b06f1263c5fedb50f7cd1f1c8e70e.JPG

I tried green on the claws, but didn't like it. Maybe with another layer or two of brown, I will like it better. I should have some time this weekend to get more work done on it. I think there will be more teal on the wings and less of the brown.

• Like 11