Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Hobby Equipment Organizer - THEO

About this project

eb5dfcc862b3f41195da51133e02d587_origina

Say hello to The Hobby Equipment Organizer, or as we like to call it, THEO! 

We know that staying organized isn't the easiest and not all of us have large enough hobbies areas. So we came up with a solution that not only keeps you organized and saves space, but is also modular so it can grow with you, and mobile allowing you to take your hobby wherever you'd like to go!

Please note, everything comes un-assembled. Be sure to check out the FAQ's for more info regarding assembly and what kind of glues to use.

Check out these videos for more information!

Get more info about the individual Cartridges

See how the organizer works

** IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY **  

You probably already noticed that there is only 1 reward level. This is due to the various Cartridge types and possible material combinations. We want you to build the system that YOU want and this gives everyone the flexibility to do just that. And don't worry, we have made it really straightforward and still offer some awesome Kickstarter only deals! 

All you need to do is figure out what you want and then go to our:

and it will figure out the pledge amount and shipping weight for you!

• If you live in the US and pledge for $100 or more, we'll ship your reward for FREE! Pledges under $100 will be billed for shipping once your reward is ready to ship.
  • If you are an international backer we'll bill you for your shipping once your reward is ready. Please see the next section for more info.

KICKSTARTER ONLY DEALS! 

Get FREE Wall Units!

• For every 4 cartridges you pledge, you can get 1 FREE wall unit. For example, pledge for 12 cartridges and you can have 3 wall units for Free!
  • The wall unit must be the same type of material category (MDF/ Clear, White, Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, or Light Blue) as the cartridges. For example, you can't pledge for for MDF cartridges and then request a red acrylic wall unit.
  • To receive this free reward, just enter your pledge amount for the cartridges (and/ or bag) and we'll handle it in the survey once the KS is over.
  • International backers: when you are figuring out your shipping cost please don't forget to include the weight of the wall units.

Get FREE Shipping in the United States!

• Any US backers with a pledge of $100 or over will have their rewards shipped for FREE

First 50 Backers get 2 Metal Limited Edition Impudent Mortal Dice FREE!

• Just pledge for at least 1 cartridge (sorry $1 pledges don't count) and be in the first 50 backers and you'll get a pair of these awesome metal dice!
36400b2f3745b9d2c608767acba9c9e2_origina

Link to project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1141913215/the-hobby-equipment-organizer-theo?ref=discovery

Edited by OneBoot
Added link

That campaign would probably benefit from having some pre-arranged set deals.

• Like 1

I just don't transport my supplies that often.  Nor do I have a wall I can mount the holders on.  So don't see me doing much here.

• Like 1

I like the brush holder. I don't have a good way of holding brushes in an accessible way upside down, or to hold them in a cleaning bottle well. The paint holders are pretty, but poor bang/buck when it comes to bottles held/dollar spent. I don't see why they're special compared to say, a spice rack or a nail polish rack. My new bins aren't as visually appealing, but at $10 for over 100 paints - I call that a win. Going to need to be a heck of a lot better on item management to beat that for me. 

• Like 2

I have had good experiences with Impudent Mortal's products in the past, but I think my hobby budget is pretty empty right now.

I'll be sure to check these out in retail.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

My new bins aren't as visually appealing, but at $10 for over 100 paints - I call that a win.

May I ask what you're using?  I'm in the market for a new paint storage solution.  (Apparently I collect paint too.)

I like the modularity of this system but I agree using it for just paint isn't likely to be cost-effective.  (For example, $15 for 32 droppers vs. 80+ in a $20 Reaper paint caddy.)  I'm currently looking at it for an easy way to do painting while traveling (or maybe just to clean up my painting area).  Wall storage isn't an option for me right now, unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

I like their reverse bottle holders, but my hobby budget is dry, and I'm making a travel set I don't have to put away.

That, right there, is my dream when some funds loosen up.

Great company from which I have purchased a number of items.  The transport bag for $35 and the magnetic shelves are a great choice!

The display case in clear acrylic and the transport bag are a great deal for $100!

With the purchase of four modules, the wall mount kit is free!  $100 is free shipping in the US...  Very nice options!

They do have a referral program for existing backers, so please let them know Terry B sent you!

• Like 1

I have alternatives for the paint racks... but the transport case and the metallic shelves are where I am putting my money.  I did an A-Case kickstarter earlier this year.  The A-Case is nice, the magnetized shelves work well, but the $70 case from Poland was $105 after shipping... and I can get two cases, and some shelves, plus use the pluck foam that I have for the larger pieces, and get free shipping for just over $100...  that is the winning deal for me!

• Like 1